Changing font size

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
milkman2283

Re: Changing font size

Post by milkman2283 »

Looks like I'll have to go back a re-edit the size. After I had changed the font size, it looked bigger and was and acceptable. Now when I went back, it got gigantic, lol. I did refresh and empty the cache after each edit. I'm wondering why it would change so drastically after going back there 1/2 hour later?

http://www.milkmanscircle.net/circlecha ... um.php?f=2

Mike
bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

If you insist on using em then use this converter as a reference.
milkman2283

Post by milkman2283 »

I'm not sure I'm understanding the em vs. px according to that scale reference converter. My board was using the defaults, and 1.1 seems to convert to about 18 px. If that is the case, then 18 px seems small for the board. Can I change the code where it was edited to pixels instead of em? I'm not insisting on using em, but from the replies, I figured that was the right way to go. For me, I feel more comfortable with pixels.

The font size on this message seems small to me, but with this, the large font, seems to be more readable for myself and members. so what wouold the font size be in px with this size? and how can I convert it for default when someone posts a message?

Mike
bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

milkman2283 wrote:The font size on this message seems small to me, but with this, the large font, seems to be more readable for myself and members. so what wouold the font size be in px with this size? and how can I convert it for default when someone posts a message?Mike
That is 19.5 pixels.
oXo

Post by oXo »

Yes that's the one.

I see that you have a gigantic font size now Lol! change that to 1.2em - 1.4em max so that it will not give you a large font size Lol!

I thought you really need a real gigantic size but at least you know now how to play with the font size :lol:
mixstar

Post by mixstar »

Are you trying to increase the font for the whole board?

If so you can do THIS

It does work I tried it on my test board before I posted. Just edit the 10px; to whatever size you want, probably 16 or 18 will suffice?

Refresh your themes afterwards ;)
milkman2283

Post by milkman2283 »

LOL, I'm 62, hard to see up close, but I'm not blind, lol. I did purge the cache, and refresh the theme, but I didn't refresh the browser. I changed to 1.4em on the Titles and they look good now. Thanks, and I'm sure I'll be back. Gonna be playing with the test site for awhile and see if I can come up with some acceptable size for my older members.

Mike
milkman2283

Post by milkman2283 »

Do I need to change the percentage? Font-size? Or both? Or more?

Thanks

Mike
body {
/* Text-Sizing with ems: http://www.clagnut.com/blog/348/ */
font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
color: #828282;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
/*font-size: 62.5%; This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 10px */
font-size: 10px;
margin: 0;
padding: 27px 0;
}
oXo

Post by oXo »

Just change this font-size: 10px; to your common.css file to font-size: 15px; a perfect size for your eye.
guyver0

Post by guyver0 »

the names of the posters and the time theyve made their posts are gigantic on my forum! how do i ruduce their size? which field do i edit in common.css?

heres an example, http://www.secondstriker.com/board/view ... p?f=6&t=79