Problem with Custom Profile fields

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Alida

Problem with Custom Profile fields

Post by Alida »

Hi,

I've been fighting an influx of spammers, and to do so I've been implementing the instructions here: http://phpbbcom.phpbbservice.nl/kb/arti ... -tool.html

It seems to set up fine, except for how it displays. The registration has a bunch of exposed code right before the custom question. I didn't edit the presentation of the page, so can anyone tell me why it is doing this and how to fix it? I have FTP access and I can edit pages, but I haven't the coding skill to ID and fix problems like this.
Attachments
customfield.jpg
customfield.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 9541 times

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: Problem with Custom Profile fields

Post by bolverk »

Can you provide a link to your board so the code can be viewed directly? :)

Alida

Post by Alida »

Sure, much appreciated if anyone can have a look!

http://titanichistoricalsociety.net/for ... e=register

And here's the offending snippet too. Why the custom profile field is generating bad code, I've no idea. I've never used the fields before, as until recently the CAPTCHA was enough to protect against spam.

Code: Select all

<dl>
<dt> for="pf_sinking">To combat spam, please enter the year the Titanic sank: *<label for="pf_sinking">To combat spam, please enter the year the Titanic sank: *</label>
<br /><span>Type four numbers. Example: 1889</span></dt>
<dd><input type="text" class="inputbox autowidth" name="pf_sinking" id="pf_sinking" size="5" value="0" />
</dd>
		</dl>
It should have code like this, I'm assuming, but I've no idea how to make it come out like this when it's all generated by the scripts!

Code: Select all

<dl>
<dt> <label for="pf_sinking">*To combat spam, please enter the year the Titanic sank: *</label>
<br /><span>Type four numbers. Example: 1889</span></dt>
<dd><input type="text" class="inputbox autowidth" name="pf_sinking" id="pf_sinking" size="5" value="0" />
</dd>
		</dl>

Alida

Post by Alida »

Is there anyone who's gotten this bit of exposed code with their forum? It really is a nuisance and I'm afraid of too much downtime if I try to clean it up by trial and error. :(

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

Can you please post your ../styles/titanic/template/ucp_register.html here inside a codebox using the Code bbcode tags please? The whole file, not just a few lines. Don't worry about the size, inside the codebox it will be contained.