Deleting Messages

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
aquajoc

Re: Deleting Messages

Post by aquajoc »

Hi

I purged the cache as you said. I then looked for the link to the Moderator Control Panel and still did not see it.

Thanks!

Steve
bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

Can you switch your board style to the default of prosilver (UCP -> Board Preferences -> My board style) then see if you still have the same problem with the ACP disappearing at the bottom.
aquajoc

Post by aquajoc »

Hi,

I did clear the cache in the Admin Control Panel, but aftwerwords I did not see the link to the Moderator Control Panel.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks!

Steve
bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

aquajoc wrote:Hi,

I did clear the cache in the Admin Control Panel, but aftwerwords I did not see the link to the Moderator Control Panel.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks!

Steve
bolverk wrote:Can you switch your board style to the default of prosilver (UCP -> Board Preferences -> My board style) then see if you still have the same problem with the ACP disappearing at the bottom.
Did you try switching the style?
aquajoc

Post by aquajoc »

Hi

Sorry for the duplicate msg.

I am not quite sure what UCP stands for, but I went to the Admin Control Panel. I could not find Board Preferences but I did go to the "Styles" section and see "Prosilver" there. should I "Activate" it there or is there somewhere else that I need to go to do that?

Thanks for all your patience with me

Steve
Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Please make the following distinction:
  • UCP: User Control Panel. Frontend, a section that all registered users get to set such things as their profile information and board preferences. A link to it will usually be available from the forum menu (although individual templates may change the location of this link), when you are logged in.
  • MCP: Moderator Control Panel. Frontend, a section that users get that have moderator permissions, for example to inspect the moderation queue or do mass operations on multiple topics. Link location depends on the theme used and will onbviously only be displayed if you have moderator permissions.
  • ACP: Administration Control Panel. Backend, a section that users get that have administrator permissions, such as creating forums and setting generic forum settings. A link to it will usually be in the footer of your site, but only if you are logged in and your user has administrative permissions. Again, the link location may be changed by the template.
As for switching to Prosilver, you at least need to make sure that it is activated in the ACP, otherwise you will not be able to select it anywhere. You then have two options.
  • You can make it the default style and disable your old default style (otherwise, your user will still have the old style selected and you will be scratching your head why the style did not change)
  • You can go to your personal UCP and select Prosilver there as your style of choice.
aquajoc

Post by aquajoc »

Hi

I went to the ACP and changed it to the Quicksilver Style as the default and active and changed the other style to not default and not active. Then, logged into the site again and it still did not show the UCP or the MCP. In addition, now when I click the login screen it gives me a screen that has missing graphics files and just looks weird like an unfinished web page...

However, I did finally find the UCP. It is just like the ACP and is only present for about 4 seconds right after I enter my login for admin.

then after 4 seconds it redirects to the forum and you cannot see the ACP or UCP access link anymore.

When i did login to the UCP and went to board preferences there did not appear to be a link anywhere to change the UCP preferences to Prosilver....

If you would like I would be happy to send you a private email with the admin info.....it may be allot faster and it is not like I have any secrets to keep with this forum.....

Thanks for all your help!

Steve
Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Although I can't quite understand how you got into the ACP whil you are having trouble logging in, it sounds like you have issues with your session tracking.

After you log in, do you get a link "Logout [<your username>]", or do you get a "Login" link, again? If the latter, I think there may be something wrong with your cookies. Start out by clearing the cookies from your browser. If that doesn't change things and you have trouble getting into the ACP, try turning off cookies altogether in your browser, that should force phpBB to use a session ID stored in the URL instead of in a cookie.
aquajoc

Post by aquajoc »

Hi

I have created a Camtasia video to show what happens when I log in as Admin and how there is the lack of any UCW and MCW

Go here http://www.screencast.com/t/vKQw8Ijnlla

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys!

Steve
Last edited by Brf on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed recruiting message
Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

Attempting to recruit on these forums is against the rules.