French Language Pack

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
fransper

French Language Pack

Post by fransper »

I have installed the new phpBB 3.0.x on my site but need to have access to the French Language Pack. Is there any way to obtain this before phpBB is back online?

Thanks

Francois

GTK

Re: French Language Pack

Post by GTK »

go to google and search for

french phpbb support site

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

The official translator's site is at http://www.phpbb.fr/ and a download of the language files are listed at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=233953

fransper

Post by fransper »

I have downloaded the lang_fr.zip file, extracted it and downloaded the fr directory in the language directory. I then logged in as the administrator and went to the ACP but when I go to board settings the only language I see is British English. How do I set up the French language? I looked in the instruction page I got and all that I saw was what I did earlier in the email.

Thanks

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Make sure you have downloaded an imageset appropriate to the style you are using as well and upload to /styles/yourstyle/imageset/fr, the /fr being the downloaded folder.

You also need to activate the language from the ACP > System tab > Language packs
You can change the default language from Board settings, and you'll need to change your own language (if you wish, as you were registered prior to the new language) from your User Control Panel.

fransper

Post by fransper »

I want to thank you all. The information provided went well and I got the result I was expecting.

Francois