Constantly kicked off board--even as Admin!

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
knadles

Constantly kicked off board--even as Admin!

Post by knadles »

This has always been a problem for me with PHPBB (dating to version 2), but lately it's gotten much worse:

I log in and within five minutes I find that I'm no longer logged in. This happens to me across computers and across browsers, on both Mac and PC, at home and at work. It seems to be fairly random, but lately the problem has been getting worse, at least on the forum I administrate (forum.moebiustheatre.net). And lately, when I log in as Admin, PHPBB will kick me off right away. I might have the opportunity to scan the board (or not), but the moment I click on the link to go to the Administration Panel, I'm no longer logged in. No warning...just poof.

The easy answer is that it must be some setting in the back end of my forum, right? But it just happened to me on this board as I tried to post this question. I usually use Opera, tried IE, and now I'm in Safari and it seems to be working for the moment.

Therefore, one would assume that it's in my settings, but why would this happen on every browser I try?

I'm a reasonable person. I know that PHPBB must work most of the time, or this issue would have been addressed by now...right?

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments? I'm kind of at the end of my rope and ready to chuck PHPBB. I promise I'm not crazy! ;)

Peter

CarolC1

Re: Constantly kicked off board--even as Admin!

Post by CarolC1 »

Hi Peter, you might want to read this article while you are waiting for an expert.

http://phpbbcom.phpbbservice.nl/kb/arti ... tings.html

CTCNetwork

Re: Constantly kicked off board--even as Admin!

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

I suspect this will be something to do with your cookie settings. By the looks you have an additional dot in front of the forum.etc... thus:
.forum.moebiustheatre.net
Get rid of the leading dot and clear your caches and the cooies for the forum and restart your browser.

Des. . . ;)
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
Uninvited PM's are Deleted. Uninvited IM's - You get a warning - and get blocked. Capiche?