Changing the registration process

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Midge

Changing the registration process

Post by Midge »

First of all thank you for opening this forum here. It's hard when you have only just started using the phpbb3 board and almost all links to interesting web content regarding this topic end in an error message. I do hope you'll get the problems on phpbb.com sorted out soon.

My question is about the registration process of new users. Currently the new person signs up, the admins get an email and go to "inactive users" in the ACP to unlock the account (or just use the link in the email). It's all going well enough, but I'd like to change the process for me and my admin buddy back to the one of our previous board, the Ikonboard - we'd be a bit more comfortable with that.

- I'd like for the ACP_INACTIVE_USERS module to appear on the first page of the ACP, even above the board statistics. It does show up on the page right now, but on the bottom. I'd like to be able to see it right away.

- Once a user has signed up and gone into the mod queue no email should go out to admins (both of us sign in at least once a day anyway, so we'll see the new person in the list without the annoying reminder).

Is this even possible? :P

lanesharon

Re: Changing the registration process

Post by lanesharon »

Not without modifications, and I cannot imagine anyone spending their time making this type of a mod. Afterall, you can always delete those 'annoying' emails. :mrgreen:

Midge

Re: Changing the registration process

Post by Midge »

Hehe. Thanks for your reply. I figured I'd just overlooked a board feature or something.
Then again, I seem to remember a mod that sends registration emails to certain people (I think it was written to cover some other issue)...maybe it can be adjusted.