problem with attachments

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
pacix

problem with attachments

Post by pacix »

First of all, I really hope you will solve the issues on phpbb.com soon.

I have the following problem with my attachment to posts. I am able to attach files when sending MP but when I am replaying a post and I click in “attach file”, the “template” disappears ad I do not have where to upload the file.

I think I have done something wrong with posting.php file, but I have not been able to identify what ant how to solve it.

Regards,
Last edited by pacix on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Re: problem with attachments

Post by Brf »

I am getting this error on your forum:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3553: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
This indicates that you have a blank line or extra garbage at the top of /language/en/common.php, or you have edited that file with a text editor that did not save the file with encoding UTF-8(w/o BOM)

pacix

Post by pacix »

When I edited this file, I always used windows notepad and I not experimented problems with other .php files.

Here is the top of my comon.php file:

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* common [English]
* @package language
* @version $Id: common.php 8555 2008-05-15 14:10:11Z Kellanved $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine
//
// Some characters you may want to copy&paste:
// ’ » “ ” …
//

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(

and it starts with the definition of many parameters.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

You should not be using Windows Notepad to edit phpBB PHP files.
Notepad saves as UTF-8(w/BOM).
You shoul dbe using Notepad++, or some other text editor that can save as UTF-8(w/o BOM)

pacix

Post by pacix »

Thanks for the hint.

I just downloaded Notepad++, get it installed and configured.
I opened the file common.php, i select convert to UTP without BOM, save as...uploaded the file, but i have the same problem with the capability to attach files.

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3550</b>: <b>Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/posting.php:1)</b><br />
<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3552</b>: <b>Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/posting.php:1)</b><br />
<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3553</b>: <b>Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/posting.php:1)</b><br />
<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3554</b>: <b>Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/posting.php:1)</b><br />
You need to fix your /language/en/posting.php too.

pacix

Post by pacix »

done!

pacix

Post by pacix »

but the original problem still exists.

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

Try to reupload the file posting_attach_body.html for your style.also posting_editor.html
Long Live PhpBB!

oXo

Post by oXo »

I have try to login using the username and pw that you gave... it seems ok in my screen.. the only thing I have notice is when you click the image hosted by ImageShack sometimes you can't see the image... why not trying uploading your image to http://tinypic.com/ much better than ImageShack. Just a suggestion.
Other than that.. your forum is quite ok.