Language - English & Chinese

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
veesterr

Language - English & Chinese

Post by veesterr »

Hi,

My board is currently using "English - United States". I also want it to be Chinese .. is there a way to do that? From what I gathered I have to download the languages files or something? I went to ACP >> System >> Language Packs and downloaded the 2 chinese language files (Traditional & Simplified) and then what? I'm confused because I see all the language packs in ACP >> System >> Language Packs.. does that mean I already installed it? Because it has an option to "download" or "delete" and it says: "Here you are able to install/remove language packs." Your help is very much appreciated..Let me know how to proceed! :) Thanks!

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Language - English & Chinese

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

You would be given an "Install" link if the language were not installed. So users should now be able to select Chinese in their User Control Panels.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

veesterr

Post by veesterr »

so I'm seeing "Download and Delete" .. so does that mean I have to download those 2 language packs? After that.. do I upload it into the language folder or something to activate the language? Thanks :)

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I'm saying it should already be activated. If they were not activated, you would see an "Install" link instead of the "Download" and "Delete" links you currently see.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

veesterr

Post by veesterr »

Oh I see.. the people registered said they can't type chinese text in the post.. when they click submit, it says "error"..
do they have to select Chinese in their User Control Panels like you said? But if you do that.. can you still see/type in English? There is also two Chinese language files (one is simplified, one is traditional); can both be used at the same time as well as English?