Messages with BBCodes from DB

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Xiiph

Messages with BBCodes from DB

Post by Xiiph »

First off, sorry to hear about the vulnerability exploit causing you trouble, cant see the fun in it.
Secondly, these questions most likely dont quite belong here but Im running out of options, so please at least hear me out.

Ive been running a mod called phpbb3portal, which is now outdated since long. My old board running 3.0.1 works flawlessly, but on my new board running 3.0.4, the news module causes a completely blank page due to a script error in the php function, IF the post to be fetched contains any bbcode. Using documentation and examples available on phpbb.com I tried to sort it out my self and solve the entire thingy by either rewriting the module or updating it where it failed.

Although I have to admit, I dont quite manage to understand how to properly pull information from the database, parse the text for bbcodes, change bbcodes for html and then print it. My last attempt to edit the function ended with me having a post showing up like this:
[b:2y7yljb0]second[/b:2y7yljb0]
Instead of a normal .. which would then ofc render the text bold.
I wont post any source code unless asked as I dont think this is the right forum to begin with, but could anyone explain how to properly pull a post from the database to then be displayed similar to how viewtopic.php does? I tried taking code from there but cant get it to work either.

The specific problem with the old script seem to be this part:
$bbcode->bbcode_second_pass($message, $row['bbcode_uid'],$row['bbcode_bitfield']);

the $row['bbcode_bitfield'] is the part which stops the script and render a blank page. By changing it to ' ', the script work but ofc no bbcodes does ><

Thanks alot in advance and I apologize if this is wrong place to ask for this kind of answers.

lanesharon

Re: Messages with BBCodes from DB

Post by lanesharon »

Can you get into your database from another venue, like cPanel, phpmyadmin, plesk? You might want to try that to display what is actually in the post.