[split] Site offline

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
bjn

Re: [split] Site offline

Post by bjn »

Thanks, marshalrusty. I appreciate your response.
johnsemple wrote:I have had problems with my board and used the same password for both phpBB.com and my own forum. My hosts believe that my software I use on the board has been attacked. I apologise but I have posted about my problem elsewhere on this board.
Even if they were able to get your forum password, all it would let them do is log into your admin panel and make changes there. The reason that phpbb.com was attacked was because of a vulnerability in the phpList software, which is separate from the phpBB forum software. So, in your instance, it depends what you mean by "attacked," to know if it's related.

johnsemple

Post by johnsemple »

Thank you. All settings are "as was" in the ACP. I have posted elsewhere on this board regarding the incidents I am experiencing and the opinion of my hosts.

Rocko444

Post by Rocko444 »

ice75 wrote:Funny enough my Forum is down since this morning/afternoon. Only my cache folder remains. Is this in anyway connected to the attack on phpbb? Have other phpbb forums been attacked too?
It all depends what host you are using. My one is working fine. I use fi.st

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty »

In order to prevent multiple topics discussing this, please continue any further discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29974