Cracking Attempts Here?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Pony99CA

Cracking Attempts Here?

Post by Pony99CA »

I logged out just now to get New Posts working properly again (see New Posts Not Working? for details). When I tried to log back in, I was told that I had exceeded the maximum number of login attempts. As I hadn't failed logging in, that's usually an indication that somebody is trying to crack passwords to access accounts here.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

RMcGirr83

Re: Cracking Attempts Here?

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Also happened to me.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

DarkBeing

Post by DarkBeing »

Same here.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I constantly have to answer the question if not set to auto log in. Seems the count for too many log in attempts isn't being re-set or something.

EDIT only seems to be happening on this forum. I can force the captcha display on test forum, log in, browse around and log out. When I go to log in again I can log in fine.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Elsensee
Former Team Member

Post by Elsensee »

Happens to me as well but heey... You'll always know the solution. :mrgreen: :lol:

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I constantly have to answer the question if not set to auto log in. Seems the count for too many log in attempts isn't being re-set or something.

EDIT only seems to be happening on this forum. I can force the captcha display on test forum, log in, browse around and log out. When I go to log in again I can log in fine.
Are you saying that if you log out, log back in, log out again and log back in right away, you'll see the CAPTCHA at both log-in attempts? I didn't check to see if it happened again yesterday, so I logged out just now and logged back in. I didn't get prompted for the CAPTCHA today.

If I had gotten asked for the CAPTCHA, I was hoping that it's related to problem with New Posts here showing posts that you've already read until you log out. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

DarkBeing

Post by DarkBeing »

Since Steve started this topic I am unable to log into the tracker. It is an endless circle of CAPTCHAs. Did anyone change anything?

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

JIRA CAPTCHA is broken.