Texas hold'em game using phpbb3 authentication

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
IAmLegend

Texas hold'em game using phpbb3 authentication

Post by IAmLegend » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:27 pm

This is a discussion of an external in progress texas hold'em game application using phpbb3 authentication and member profile.

To those who have look for similar type of game but have found none. It may exist but free, I doubt. Actually, there is hope. Please read on!

Would it be something that will be big interest to the phpbb3 community to be able to play real time multiplayer texas hold'em and some of its variant (telesina, crazy pineapple) using latest version of phpbb3's authentication to access the game and forum profile such as avatar for in-game display?

Is this possible? Yes, I'll try to set this up on a test vps soon using latest stable version of phpBB 3.0.12.

Let me give more details of what it is?

It's a whole full kit that everyone linux knowledgeable user can install and configure on its own vps or dedicated server. Some minimum of specification of the vps is required though. It has a full game server, HTML5 game client and a board service to bridge with phpbb3 forum software.

A board service has been already written to handle authentication to the game using phpbb3 authentication mechanism to authenticate members to the game. The board service has the intelligence to map forum user id with the game server cash account id so that the next time he replays the game, his/her own cash balance is preserved.

The poker game logic is written by Cubeia but is an open source under AGPL3 licence. That poker engine has been tested on live site which makes it rock solid enough to install the game fun for forum.

There is also an admin console which allows you to configure tables, timings and poker type.

There is also an account manager console which allows you to transfer money to forum members if they ever run out of cash. This has to be done manually by the admin. While it's easy to provide api to be called by php code, my free time is limited
to allow me to code it.

So what do you think?

IAL

Louis7777

Re: Texas hold'em game using phpbb3 authentication

Post by Louis7777 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Make an extension for v3.1 and let the gambling begin. :)

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:20 am

Louis7777 wrote:Make an extension for v3.1 and let the gambling begin. :)
Unless authentication algorithm has been changed, I'll need to add new authentication for v3.1. It should be easy enough as I've already added more complex authentication for other boards already like modx, smf. Thx, will download the v3.1 beta 4 to test it out.

Btw, installation of forum board v3.0.12 is done on the test vps. :)

Mess

Post by Mess » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am

Sounds interesting, id love to try it out (on 3.1). :D

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Mess wrote:Sounds interesting, id love to try it out (on 3.1). :D
Wow, this a more powerful password scheme than one used in 3.0.x as I took a look on the salted password in the database of version 3.1b4. It is the same powerful blowfish crypting currently implemented by Xenforo for their authentication starting from version 1.2 as I've already added support.

Look like there is interests for v3.1 extension, so I'll add code to support both versions then. Thus, user just needs to configure a flag in configuration file to set which version phpBB3 they have installed.

I hope to get it up running in few days or sooner which is to add support for v3.1 and a small avatar path issue I've found during testing on the old version.

I'll post links soon to the test site, 1 for register to the v3.1 beta 4 board and one to the game. I will only use v3.1 beta 4 as demo.

Stay tuned!

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:54 pm

If you're planning to make it an extension for v3.1, you should consider making a new topic here: [3.1.x] Extensions in Development

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Here you go, just install it on a fresh vps running ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Forum url: *removed*
Texas Hold'em game url: *removed*

Demo is only on beta version of phpBB3 V3B4 though it supports v3.0.x through configuration.

It's not completely done yet but all server side is ok. The client is working but not fully integrated. I need to merge my code with Cubeia.

Note, game server may be up and down if I need to patch new code to fix the client to display forum avatar.

The most difficult part is done. Authentication, table configuration, monetary using latest version of Cubeia source code but only Hold'em for now, Crazy Hold'em and others will be added later.

Any login issue, please report on test site to get quick response.

I've launch a batch of bots so you will be able to play with. Just sit on a selected table and join a game.

All game credits go to Cubeia's team with my sincere thanks to Fredrik, Victor and Patrick for prompt support all along when I needed.

Board service which bridges several forums (smf, vanilla, joomla, modx) and paid ones as Invision Power Board (v3.1, v3.4.x) and Xenforo (v.1.x and v1.3x).

Mobile devices are also supported, ipad, nexus, htc

IAL

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Please post this on phpBB.com as already suggested. Area 51 is not an area to publish or showcase your MODs or extensions.

Thanks.