Error when clicking View your posts

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Dragosvr92

Error when clicking View your posts

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Got this when i clicked the View your posts page of this forums. It dissapeared after i reloaded the page, but i said i'd tell you about it.

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Duplicate entry '20e99a5b31fa2a4fc9dc9bb8d52e270b' for key 1 [1062]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Previous user: TheKiller

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Re: Error when clicking View your posts

Post by callumacrae »

Looking at the error, I'm guessing that error is extremely extremely rare (it appears to be a random checksum used as an ID, dunno what of). Like, rare to the extent that it's probably only happened once or twice. Depends how random it is, though xD

I could be completely wrong, though.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Looks like it might be an SID?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Might be, idk, check it and see if it can be fixed :)

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

TheKiller wrote:Might be, idk, check it and see if it can be fixed :)
How do you fix something that can't be reproduced? :?
The error is indeed from the sessions table but that's odd it happened at all. What exactly were you doing at the time and are you able to do it again?

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Well.. If you know something well enough, you should/may be able to know how it works, like when someone's so previsible that u can predict every move it makes lol Thought you may be able to reproduce it ....

I think i clicked the "View new posts" and "View your posts" pages really fast. Really not sure.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

TheKiller wrote:Well.. If you know something well enough, you should/may be able to know how it works, like when someone's so previsible that u can predict every move it makes.
That is certainly not true. I've been working on the same system at my real job for several years now and if a client tells me there is an error and they can't even provide steps on how to reproduce the issue that doesn't help me at all. Knowing the code will simply help me fix the problem faster as I would know exactly where to go in the code to fix the issue, not guess where in the thousands of files we have the error is at. While phpBB is not at that level the same applies.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

okay, my bad :)