phpBB4 im sick of waiting!

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Nicholas the Italian

Re: phpBB4 im sick of waiting!

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

SamG wrote:What does intelligence have to do with this conversation :?:
Nothing, actually. Worlds apart. :mrgreen:
This is clearly false even in xuniL. Platform-independent software cannot only work on non-existent OSes. But it can not work on all OSes. If it works only on non-existent OSes it is clearly platform-dependent. Even in xuniL.
Hum, generally speaking, softwares are considered to be platform-independent even if they just work on every known OS. For some obscure reason people don't care about unknown ones, let alone non-existing ones.
But well, let go. I'm gonna uninstall it just to see how it doesn't work. Probably I should wait until at least 4.0.0 or even better 4.0.B1 so they can implement a few new bugs, but I'm quite curious to see it now.
Anyway, don't hold your breath - I won't let you know.

Michaelo

Re: phpBB4 im sick of waiting!

Post by Michaelo »

I think you should take this post with a grain of salt.. phpBB4 is a very long time off...
As far as upgrading is concerned... I very much doubt it, although you will probably be able to import tables... possibly...

The new Omni OS will support phpBB4, of course you will need to re-compile all libraries and other source... (available late 2015)...
IE, (all versions) will not be compatible... unless you install the Windows 2021 (the Open source version)...

I am looking forward to it and have extended my life insurance policy to cover every eventuality :mrgreen:
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika