New - *n00b* as some would call me - Needing smart help, ple

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Itania

New - *n00b* as some would call me - Needing smart help, ple

Post by Itania »

OK - well I have a Kinship for a game that is coming out soon. I created the Kinship on another site and liked everything but their forum. That is because they had a 10 reply cap on any given topic. So I moved my forum over to phpBB. I recall - long ago - having the ability to create a bank and have points. This would prove VERY useful for my Kinship since we will be using in game currency, and can trade items this way as well as create raid points as well. I also remember being able to have birthdays listed and such. Apparently though, after as much research as I could comprehend - it turns out you need something called a "MOD" for this. So I went on my grand search for the Mods and found them. Problem - I need EasyMod to install the Mods. OK, so I go find EasyMod and read the guide. It might be VERY well written for an experienced user - but I am obviously not all that experienced at this point.

I am going to try to explain this as best as I can without confusing anyone, but no promises. It stated I needed to install EasyMod into my folder in admin. Well I looked all over the place and found NOTHING for creating a folder. My settings are as basic as they get.
Screenshot

That is what I see... nothing fancy about it.

How do I create a folder when I don't see the option for it? Where is this setting at? Do I lack knowledge to a certain url that allows me access to this? Is this a paid member subscription feature only? I am confused... a great deal here. Once I can figure out HOW to make these folders - then I might be able to teach myself how to install these mods and make them work.

What I need from the smarties here (meant in a complimentary way) is for you to be a dumbed down as you possibly can - steps specific so that I can be sure I am comprehending all the instructions. I need a how to for dummies basically. I see thousands of posts here - but so confused on just the topic categories of the forum alone - it's almost embarrassing :oops: to admit that I just about only recognized what "Chit Chat" was! LOL! So I thought I should post my woes here for a nice fellow (or gal) to help me out. Just think - first time user ... complete forum admin virgin! (Get your minds out of the gutters :lol: )

Thanks a great deal in advance!

VinDuv

Re: New - *n00b* as some would call me - Needing smart help, ple

Post by VinDuv »

You should go to the Board Index of this board>EasyMOD for 2.0.x>Installing EasyMOD and post your question.
(and please stop writing in pink, it reduces readablility...)

Itania

Post by Itania »

Thank you for your reply.

... and I will refrain from using the options given to me to the right -->
:lol: (why are they there anyway? oh .. nm ... complaints hehe)

Have a good one! :)

bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 »

why does it show him with one post only still when it's his seccong?

Itania

Post by Itania »

bbrian017 wrote: why does it show him with one post only still when it's his seccong?

He is a she ... and I don't know. Perhaps - the board masters are too busy not helping anyone that requests help, kindly, rather than notice tiny errors like incorrect post counts? :) I resolved my issue on my own - no thanks to the lack of help here. :roll: Good luck to other new comers who are searching for assistance ...

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

bbrian017 wrote: why does it show him with one post only still when it's his seccong?

Chit chat does not increment postcount.