Hmmm, a small problem ....

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
mezmorizing

Hmmm, a small problem ....

Post by mezmorizing »

With one of the members of staff. Below are PM exchanges, and I've had enough of them already so I've decided to post them and walk. I don't expect anyone to care, but I think you should see what they're really like.

First I would just like to say that I was never in support of phpBB3, and have always favoured phpBB2 instead. However, after using v3 for only a few days I have completely changed my mind. It is simply superb.

Note: There's only a maximum of 5 quotes to be allowed to be embedded in any one post, which is why I have stripped them...

3Di:
Please stop advertising MODs offered by other no-phpBB.com sites, we support only MODs that are into our Official MODDB.

Me:
And you cannot make an exception at a time like this?

Also, although not certain, I believe all links provided to are MODs that are phpbb.com verified (except the Move Posts MOD (I think)). Along with the fact that I'm not the author of the MODs, and also not forcing them to use them, they have their own mind and whether they wish to look at the URL I provide is up to them ... I don't care whether they do or don't to be honest. The user should of course look at the installation file provided to see whether it is phpBB verified, if they don't then again that is up to them.

One additional note: I am showing the user that there are MODs which have an effect that they wish to achieve (in most of my posts), and am not offering support. There are ways around the certain situations (like the Move Posts MOD), so feel free to provide it.

I've also (very) quickly scanned the user agreement and rules/regulations and fount nothing that would incline that I'm doing something wrong, so please feel free to show me where I am.

In future if I post a link to a MOD then I will state that it is not located on the phpbb.com servers, that it may not be phpBB approved, and that phpb.com or area51.phpbb.com may not provide support for the use of it.

mezmorizing.

p.s - the MOD in question in relation to the "Changing user agreement" I believe IS phpbb.com verified, just not located on the phpBB.com servers. Of course, I would provide the link to this file, but currently cannot for obvious reasons.

3Di:
The matter stays here:

1 - during these days area51 should be intended as a 'mirror' of phpbb.com with its rules and regulations included.

2 - the 'hacks' provided by hack.com aren't written the same way ours are, nor have the same checks we do on them.. security and so on, nor can be installable with EM on a virgin latest phpBB. We don't need/want users to post issues or askingsupport with such MOds.

I kindly asked you to avoid to do so, please do it.

thanks for understanding.

Me:
Oh no, I think your confused, or jumping very far to conclusions. By no means do I understand what your saying, but will however refrain from posting links to phpbbhacks.com ... Instead I will seek out MODs that could help members that are definitly phpbb verified whose links are abailable at this present time, if not then I will state that its not located on an official phpBB (international) site, and that it shouldn't be trusted automatically.
I have posted links on phpBB.com to phpbbhacks.com before and have never recieved a Private Message about it, I feel slightly privilaged. I find it a shame that you are so against something which has the ability to help out the members. Sure, phpbbhacks.com and phpbb.com are not the same, and I used to think that the people at phpbbhacks.com (more specifically Patrick) was an idiot, or at least the guys at phpbb.com were way better ... I guess it shows that you can never always be right.
Either way, its a shame you feel this way.

3Di:
You're not getting the point, that's surprising me.

Anyway.. I'll talk about that with other Team guys.

Me:
I did say I didn't understand where you are coming from :)

If the phpBB database of MOD's were available then I would provide links to the ones located there instead. God, they were even the first links to come up on Google. Fact of the matter is however that if I provided the links to the MODs at phpbb.com they wouldn't be useable for still a few days, which the user won't be happy about. Along with the probability that they may not get the help that they need here so will go over to phpbb.com in a few days time, it saves a possible duplicate posts if I give a link to a possible un-validated MOD. Very well, it may not be located on the phpbb.com servers, but they are validated, so in theory it's just like your post here, the only difference is the link was provided by a member of staff, which I find extremely hypocritical to say the least. Maybe you should also speak about this with the other staff members, as rules should be for everyone, and not just us usual members.

3Di:
the link i provided it is a very well known link/MOD by the phpBB staff, you're arguing with a MODerator.. the one (me) was so 'stupid' to not slap you.. that somehow gets me irritated.

from now, no more PMs.

see you

I then recieved the following:

3Di wrote:
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.

Arguing with a Moderator.

And this is my final reply:

Hmmm, interesting. I do have to say that I love the warning system, how very nice to send me one for "warning with a moderator". Once again I feel priviliaged.
I want to clear a couple of things up before my account is removed. Feel free to reply back, but don't be so big-headed into thinking that I am going to read it, because quite frankly you've made me think you all at phpbb are idiots. I fount out long ago that Patrick was one at phpbbhacks, and how ironic that you are too. Up until now I have treated you with respect, which you so obviously did not deserve. I'm currently wondering how old you actually are, because it sounds like you have no respect for anybody, although you seem rather intelligent in your posts. You are more than probably a stupid piece of *beep* - that bleep actually meaning $hit. How low I have to bring myself down to your level is simply amazing and slightly disturbing.

Now, about the link('s) that I provided:

The links that I provided were all to phpbb-validated MOD's except one. I do indeed have the links to the official threads, but seem as the server is down there is no need in me providing them at this moment. You say that I should not provide links that are not in the phpBB db, but what you don't understand is they ARE in the db, the links were just on a different site. Then the big hypocrite that is you comes along and posts a link to a MOD that is also in the phpBB MOD db but on a different site. The links that I posted were validated MOD's, you just wanted me to refrain from posting links to phpbbhacks.com, which I actually understand seen as the patrick over there is also an idiot too.

About the warning:

I was not arguing. I do not argue, I simply win (hands down).

About the slap:

Feel free to if you think that'll get the built up sexual frustration out. What's the matter, need you dick sucking? Thought so.
Yet again, amazing how I bring myself down. I guess secretly I enjoy it, and I guess you do to.

Now this is the last of it. I don't know where you get off, but you should know that I always have the last say.

the diva

P.S - Sorry about the language it seems I couldn't contain myself. A bit like 3Di's small dick. You may want to think about adding that to the word censor too. :roll:
Last edited by mezmorizing on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

karlsemple

Re: Hmmm, a small problem ....

Post by karlsemple »

feeling better :roll:

mezmorizing

Post by mezmorizing »

karlsemple wrote: feeling better :roll:

Yes, a little. I guess i wasn't the only one that needed a release 8)
I don't expect to be around much soon, and am really surpised that it got a reply to be honest.

Hope your baby is healthy ...

Feeling much, much better

:D

Phil

Post by Phil »

What is the purpose of rants like this, anyway? Every team member of phpBB is already put into overdrive because of the recent server situation. We have to keep some kind of control and order. The fact of the matter is, there's no way to know if the copy of the MOD you linked to is indeed in the correct syntax, EM compatible, etc. Despite the fact that one version was indeed entered into the MODDB, that doesn't mean the version you're downloading is the same. It may be older, newer, of edited by another user.
My phpbb.com account
Note that any of my opinions expressed in RFC topics are my own and not necessarily representative of the opinion of the phpBB Team.

Lurttinen

Post by Lurttinen »

Exactly, We cannot quarantee that our validation is still intact when you download it from sites other than phpbb.com.

Lockifying this one as useless rant...