SITE DOWN == Ploy to force a mass testing of 3.0 ?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Lastof

Re: SITE DOWN == Ploy to force a mass testing of 3.0 ?

Post by Lastof »

Marshalrusty wrote: Whining will not get you anywhere. This server is only a temporary solution and is having trouble coping with the traffic.

The second something goes wrong, all faith goes out the window. I confess myself disappointed at the general attitude :|

I haven't seen so much of this faith going out the window. As far as I can tell, it's only afew very vocal ones that are portraying this attitude. Most others seem to feel some pity with a "it happens" attitude. And then there are the few like me that just go round spreading obviously wrong theories about RC1, etc (they have to be obviously wrong, since we don't want to actually mislead (too many) people).

In terms of our young isoliert here, frankly, he is starting to look more like a troll than the uninformed kid he previously did.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Anon

Post by Anon »

Indeed, the bertie bears are expensive to make, Jon did them because he thought it would be fun for the community (plus we needed a mascot :mrgreen: )

Code: Select all

:D|-<
:D/-<
:D\-<

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

Bertie is cool, thumbs up for Jon and for the rest of the phpBB team. I would say to all you nonbelievers [peeeeeeeeeppppp]
and bertie will come around to settle it with you all
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

tompi29

Post by tompi29 »

Rotsblok wrote: I would say to all you nonbelievers [peeeeeeeeeppppp]
and bertie will come around to settle it with you all

Be nice, they are all having cold-turkey!
Rehab would be better.

Tom

btw, going down conspiracy-lane would be a entertaining finale for this topic. I'd say, the government closed it down because they allegedly found weapons of mass destruction in the Olympus souce code..

or

Phil

Post by Phil »

Anon wrote: Indeed, the bertie bears are expensive to make, Jon did them because he thought it would be fun for the community (plus we needed a mascot :mrgreen: )
I say we make a Berta for 3.x, complete with the likely semi-updated logo :D That way, Bertie can have company! :mrgreen:
Marshalrusty wrote: The second something goes wrong, all faith goes out the window. I confess myself disappointed at the general attitude
It seems to me it's more or less the nay-sayers are the more vocal of the two groups. Despite what you do to help anyway, there are always those who just never have been given enough to satisfy.
My phpbb.com account
Note that any of my opinions expressed in RFC topics are my own and not necessarily representative of the opinion of the phpBB Team.

CiDhed

Post by CiDhed »

I am getting so tired of crybabies. Second something goes wrong its "Not-Professional." Do these people that are saying this *beep* have any idea? Recently Atari released a digital download of TDU that was botched. People PAYED $40 for a program that they couldn't use. All they could do was *beep* even when Atari sent them a DVD copy of it and refunded their money. IMO they went above and beyond just like what the people who put their time into creating and developing a free board for us. :? I am so disappointed in people.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

iWisdom wrote:
Anon wrote: Indeed, the bertie bears are expensive to make, Jon did them because he thought it would be fun for the community (plus we needed a mascot :mrgreen: )
I say we make a Berta for 3.x, complete with the likely semi-updated logo :D That way, Bertie can have company! :mrgreen:

You mean, like the special edition "Conquering Olympus" Bertie, of which 200 were made, which was released to celebrate the launch of Beta 1? The one with the red hoody, rather than the cream wool sweater.

Though, I would like another for for the Gold. Then I could have two. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

isoliert
I've been banned

Post by isoliert »

Yeah - of course

google and microsoft website(s) etc etc. are also always 3 days offline. :lol:

Know what I am sayin' dude
I am not psotfx

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

This post was made by isoliert who is currently on your ignore list.

I <3 phpBB3

CiDhed

Post by CiDhed »

isoliert wrote: Yeah - of course

google and microsoft website(s) etc etc. are also always 3 days offline. :lol:

Know what I am sayin' dude

Apples and oranges. Correct me if I am wrong but phpBB doesn't have stock options. :roll: