Excite@home news...

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
jer

Excite@home news...

Post by jer »

I'm not sure how many of you guys are using the @home service or are connected to the @home backbone, but I believe I am.. so I'm wondering how my provider will deal with this if they shut down the backbone.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/665584.asp

That's just one of the many articles regarding the court decision with excite@home.. what do you think?

hsim

Post by hsim »

I'm testing. Sorry.

This is what I just saw:
[quote7e74c]I'm not sure how many of you guys are using the @home service or are connected to the @home backbone, but I believe I am.. so I\\\\\\\'m wondering how my provider will deal with this if they shut down the backbone.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/665584.asp

That's just one of the many articles regarding the court decision with excite@home.. what do you think?[/quote7e74c]
Notice the backslashes. They were there, I can swear it...
email me: hsim at gmx.li

jer

Post by jer »

I saw them too. They were in the preview when I previewed the thread.. in all spaces I used a single quote. I removed them, but for some reason they reappeared when I posted.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

yeah, I removed them manually ... can't explain it and can't repeat it ... what browser are you using jer?

Pit

Post by Pit »

Hehe...do you realise the power you could wield if you put subliminal messages in the simpsons? Or perhaps they already do....Yep, it's definately goo time.

/me bashes innocent bystanders head with a half-brick in a sock

Kanuck

Post by Kanuck »

(Auto-login isn't even working now, damn you cookies, I'll eat you all alive...)

I'm an @Home user, Rogers@Home to be exact. They managed to continue service almost uninterrupted - they've made the transition from the @Home networks to their own networks in under a week, and though I can't say it was a smooth changeover, I've gotta give them credit where credit is due - it was a huge undertaking, to say the least :)

The only real difference to me, is that my email is now @rogers.com instead of @home.com. Big deal! :p
I rule.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Kanuck, calm down ;) Auto-login should be fine, I'm just playing with the session code and some changes will no doubt cause any current persistent cookie to become invalid. If you can't auto-login at all, even after logging in again drop a bug report.

jer

Post by jer »

Aaron, did you get the PM i sent?

Kanuck

Post by Kanuck »

Yep, got it, added you to my ICQ list. Yep, I went to Stuart Scott grades 4-7, your name rings a bell, Jordan Fast doesn't though... am I in a class with him or something?
I rule.

Fubonis

Post by Fubonis »

Yes, I say we feast. I cannot live with my cable Internet access. Well, I can, but not good. I'll end up watching my PC defrag or something.