I think phpBB3 would be a lot more popular

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
greatgamer

I think phpBB3 would be a lot more popular

Post by greatgamer »

I think if phpBB3 had a new default look it would be more popular. A lot of the features here look great but in my opinion the overall look is kinda boring and depressing which is one of the main reasons why I haven't upgraded yet. Especially the Post image icons the thick blue border looks out of place. I am not saying this to try and bash but hopefully giving helpful advice to the success of phpBB3.

Lastof

Re: I think phpBB3 would be a lot more popular

Post by Lastof »

You mean like, the super secret style that they aren't going to let us see till the Gold version? That is supposed to be amazing and revolutionary, just like subsilver was when it came out?

You could probabaly have found out about it's existance with a search for new style

As for haven't upgraded yet, surely that should be because we only currently have the beta, which should not be used in a live environment, and no support will be given if it is. And even if an upgrade script is provided there will be certain bugs that show that you did use beta 5 since the converter was buggy.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"