How do I create a CVS?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
itunes66

How do I create a CVS?

Post by itunes66 »

I am an active code and would like to log the projects but i use BBEdit and its logging is not CVS standard so i can't use StatCVS so i dumped the CVS but how should i go about creating one the right way (i use a mac btw, if you all are on windows well you might not be able to help but any *nix gurus would be great help)

ok i would also somehow like the cvs format to be like phpBB CVS Format... and bbedit still be able to use it, do i need a plugin or something
Last edited by itunes66 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one

Yawnster

Re: How do I create a CVS?

Post by Yawnster »

http://www.novajo.ca/cvs.html" target="_blank

Wow.. 1 query on google got me that.

Yawnster

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

WOW, i used google who does not

you know what just forget the topic because that was no help

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

For me, it answeres your question absolutely. You asked how to create a CVS - he gave you a link to instructions on how to setup a CVS server (which is creating a CVS repository).

If this is not what you wanted to ask, you should rephrase your question.

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

well since you replied, i will edit the post above to explain more what i need

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

itunes66 wrote: ok i would also somehow like the cvs format to be like phpBB CVS Format... and bbedit still be able to use it, do i need a plugin or something

There i do not understand what you want at all... i do not know bbedit, but what do you mean by "CVS format"? All repositories have the same format, CVS is all the same - the format is not different among projects using CVS to track development.

To be able to answer your question, why do you not list the things you are currently not able to do, where the problems lies, what do you expect it to do, etc. Ideally with screenshots or links further explaining the situation. At the moment i get the impression you do not know what CVS is.

BTW, our CVS statistics are built by another tool completely independant from CVS and it has nothing to do with CVS. It just collects the available information from CVS (cvs log) and compiles the graphics and informations from it.