what do you think about vista of microsoft?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
muhaidib

Re: what do you think about vista of microsoft?

Post by muhaidib »

should be out by jan-2007

i think it should be good,, i mean they worked 5-6 years for it

but if u have seen the WWDC 2006 keynote,,, all the stuff they said about vista is true :S

they still have the registry, they still use .dll and they just can't get rid of this stuff,, hope its as good as we expect,,

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

macgig wrote: What's the release date now? :lol:

Somewhere around Olympus'. :o

Moon2fire

Post by Moon2fire »

Well I'm not so sure, just forked out for a £200 for XP, how much will Vista cost?????
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

Lastof wrote: I'm a Mac guy, 'nuff said.

me to, vista = another chance for Microsoft to Steal apples ideas like spotlight, of course there was a major innovation they put it on the bottom left instead of the top right ;) lol
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

Moon2fire wrote: Well I'm not so sure, just forked out for a £200 for XP, how much will Vista cost?????
What??? Home costs £55.12 and Pro costs £87.20 did you get yours on a gold disk?

Also, I'm fairly sure MS came out with most of the features first (spotlight, time machine, the ability to dual boot, the ability to use a messaging program, html e-mails and other features of the new Mac OS) but they've taken so long to release these features that Mac has brought them out. Shame on MS for being so slow but shame on Mac for saying MS copied them.

EDIT: Although thinking about it you've been able to get "spotlight" for the PC for ages with the MS Desktop search and the time machine has been on server 2003 since launch

moltendorf

Post by moltendorf »

asmith3006 wrote:
Moon2fire wrote: Well I'm not so sure, just forked out for a £200 for XP, how much will Vista cost?????
What??? Home costs £55.12 and Pro costs £87.20 did you get yours on a gold disk?

Also, I'm fairly sure MS came out with most of the features first (spotlight, time machine, the ability to dual boot, the ability to use a messaging program, html e-mails and other features of the new Mac OS) but they've taken so long to release these features that Mac has brought them out. Shame on MS for being so slow but shame on Mac for saying MS copied them.

EDIT: Although thinking about it you've been able to get "spotlight" for the PC for ages with the MS Desktop search and the time machine has been on server 2003 since launch

Weird, really weird, where I live, Windows 98 is like $400 for full, XP was $400 for full, $200 for upgrade, all I know is my local computer store apparently hasn't lowered their prices, and dang, If Olympus (PHPBB3) is going to come out around vista, that's gonna compromise my website plans, I was kindof waiting for olympus to come out so I could heavily mod it on my own to get it to be fully integrated into my site.

But yeah, I really like Vista, It's spiffy as heck, but if you ever know me, I must mod Windows, I don't like mac cuz I can't figure out how to do that, and Linux is pure gold.

Although, I'm a gamer, and City of Villains is not on the Linux/Mac game list, and there's not really any drivers for linux that are designed to support 3D in "Wine" emulated games on Linux.

I've actually already modified the style for the forums, just to have all the little icons you have below your post
VVVVVVVVV

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

asmith3006 wrote:

no, spotlight was not a MS thing, and i'm sure i can say that development on the MS version of spotlight did not start till a couple of weeks after the release of tiger, also i will a agree with one thing, Time Machine is an MS idea actually just not in the sense that Time Machine is, with windows you could go back into the system files and stuff (in the form of a list of files) back in time but nothing like apple has done, dual boot was a Linux thing, html emails was not a MS-thing also, although you could say it is but it really is not (nor was it a mac first thing either), the ability to use a messaging program, you have been able to do that for a long time on a mac, in fact where do you think apple got the iChat idea from, other messaging programs that ran on a mac, but apple added Video Chat
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

I think Yahoo IM had video chat before iChat did.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.