What is spam?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
givemegraphics.com

What is spam?

Post by givemegraphics.com »

What is spam?
Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

I offered our members my own free.. wallpapers which I posted myself.. advertising nothing..
charging nothing.. simply free wallpapers.. so why lock my topic and write on it... I Posted Spam?
and then not have the decency to respond to my PMs. ?

Rotsblok

Re: What is spam?

Post by Rotsblok »

what are you doing right now then????
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

SHS`

Re: What is spam?

Post by SHS` »

givemegraphics.com wrote: simply free wallpapers..
Grow a brain please. We don't want you plugging your forum offering free wallpaper or whatever. Thus, as far as we are concerned, it's SPAM.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way