[phpBB3/Olympus] Bertie Bear is back! The discussion...

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
kristiyan

Re: [phpBB3/Olympus] Bertie Bear is back! The discussion...

Post by kristiyan »

Image :D

synace

Post by synace »

SHS`, I placed my order for Bertie on June 16, it's now 4 weeks after.

Just curious about it, (since I read that there are 'single digits' left) and I reaaally want to make sure I get in on the Bertie action :)

trans id: 587513238H654764T

going to Buffalo, NY USA

Any word, update, info? Is there a tracking # you can e-mail to my paypal? I'll buy another if I have to :)

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

synace wrote: SHS`, I placed my order for Bertie on June 16, it's now 4 weeks after.

Just curious about it, (since I read that there are 'single digits' left) and I reaaally want to make sure I get in on the Bertie action :)

trans id: 587513238H654764T

going to Buffalo, NY USA

Any word, update, info? Is there a tracking # you can e-mail to my paypal? I'll buy another if I have to :)

Bertie might be being interrogated by Homeland Security as he was sent at the same time as one to Australia, which I know has definitely arrived. All I can suggest for now is to check with your postal services (Bertie went via regular mail) to see if they've attempted to deliver him to you?

He won't be classed as "delayed" by UK's Royal Mail till the end of this month, and there is still a good chance he can show up... so just hang tight, and if he does/doesn't show up between now and the end of the month. Let me know either way, so I can start prodding my end if I need to. :)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

synace

Post by synace »

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Bertie just showed up safely in Buffalo, NY USA :)

Here comes some photos. Click to enlarge.

(shameless plug alert!)

Bertie is hard at work as a moderator for MidnightBox.com. I'll be taking a vacation in the meantime ;)

Many thanks to all of the developers hard at work on phpBB3. I'm really excited to know that one of my ideas made it in. (The Moderator Queue; I built the original 'Approve Mod' for phpBB2.)

Keep up the good work! I'll post more of Bertie's adventures as they happen.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

synace wrote: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Bertie just showed up safely in Buffalo, NY USA :)

Ah... he got sent surface, that's why he took so long. ;) I still swear Bertie is stashing vodka with him on his journeys whilst I'm not looking as he always seem to come out the box looking drunk. :P

manoj

Post by manoj »

gah...they're all gone, now i can't get one :( ...i was trying to save up enough money on PayPal (I have the cash from refereeing soccer games, but no online money)...when will they be out again?

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

manoj wrote: gah...they're all gone, now i can't get one :( ...i was trying to save up enough money on PayPal (I have the cash from refereeing soccer games, but no online money)...when will they be out again?

Doh. :P As for will there be a 3rd edition? The chances are low as it's more of a logistics thing (I doubt I'll be anywhere near Europe) for when a 3rd edition might be required. :)