phpBB 2 Development (and phpBB3 questions)

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
karlsemple

Re: phpBB 2 Development (and phpBB3 questions)

Post by karlsemple »

Martin Blank wrote:
karlsemple wrote: i personally do not think alot of longtime phpbb 2 users will move too 3 until the styles and mod people hav had time to bring out a lot of mods and styles. I know there are features on my board my users would not do without and they will not be in 3 as standard. Leaves me waiting for someone to release them as a mod for 3 :(
I have 50+ mods in place on my board, and of that functionality, about 95% is in place in the final version of phpBB, making for about three mods that need to be handled.

lol lucky you...i have about 200 mods and next to none of them ones we want have been added in phpbb3 :(

GalaxeY

Post by GalaxeY »

I would install phpbb Olympus even though the mods and styles are not there yet.. I have tried to install phpbb3(cvs). It say it's secussfull, but when I go back to the main page it's back on what it says the first time. It annoying really :P
Yea! I'm good. What version of phpBB was this again?!

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

karlsemple wrote: i personally do not think alot of longtime phpbb 2 users will move too 3 until the styles and mod people hav had time to bring out a lot of mods and styles. I know there are features on my board my users would not do without and they will not be in 3 as standard. Leaves me waiting for someone to release them as a mod for 3 :(
I would switch to it right after i read that it is released :)
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one