Whois FuntKlakow

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Twillingate.info

Re: Whois FuntKlakow

Post by Twillingate.info »

Probably.

It seems that FuntKlakow on most sites has a link to a proxy in its signature.

What does FuntKlakow use for its email address? I was going to add it to my banned emails in my Admin CP. On my forums, I registered as FuntKlakow so it couldn't, is this a good or bad idea?
Administrator of The Fun Bucket

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

Well, you guys were right. It was a FuntKlakow impersonator that found an exploit in our Web-based IRC terminal (powered by PJIRC and Website Baker).
Like Macs or just want to see Olympus Live? ;)
www.macgig.com

cutie3

Post by cutie3 »

this stupid bot thing registered on my forum, spammed it with the replys of 'Ditto' 'Didnt think of that' 69 posts in the space of 5 minutes.

I was puzzled at first, but now reading this thread, i knew how it did so many replies.

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

Hm... seems like someone has something against us. Someone called "MacHater" is
sending threatening emails to us.

I'd like to see them crack our new system, a variation of phpBB and Invision Power
Board. ;)
www.macgig.com

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

cutie3 wrote: this stupid bot thing registered on my forum, spammed it with the replys of 'Ditto' 'Didnt think of that' 69 posts in the space of 5 minutes.

I was puzzled at first, but now reading this thread, i knew how it did so many replies.

Did you lower the default post anti-flood setting? because by default you should only be able to post 20 posts in any 5 minute span. (or 120 posts per hour/2880 per day)
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

i say ban all who hate macs :twisted:
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one

cutie3

Post by cutie3 »

Davidls wrote:
cutie3 wrote: this stupid bot thing registered on my forum, spammed it with the replys of 'Ditto' 'Didnt think of that' 69 posts in the space of 5 minutes.

Did you lower the default post anti-flood setting? because by default you should only be able to post 20 posts in any 5 minute span. (or 120 posts per hour/2880 per day)
No havnt lowered or changed it, dont think there is a anti flood on my forum, but ill look into it :)

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

itunes66 wrote: i say ban all who hate macs :twisted:
Hehe, I was actually thinking of setting up the MacForum censors to modify words. For
example, "Macs Suck" will be changed to "Macs Rock". ;)

Anyway, we cancelled the IPB part, so it's all phpBB now. :D
www.macgig.com