Whois FuntKlakow

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Acyd Burn

Re: Whois FuntKlakow

Post by Acyd Burn »

He had asubstitute@gmail.com as his email address, and had posted a normal user message - the bot has it's standard post patterns. ;)

And the code posted was indeed for bypassing IPB's vc (zlib disabled afair).

I think it was just a user making a joke of it registering this name here. :)

tejas

Post by tejas »

Acyd Burn ... Thanks for the quick and upfront response. Appreciate the 'to the point', no fluff answer. good day.

tZork

Post by tZork »

Well sofar no sign of thise bot's on the forum i administer, but one of the mods on my forum made me aware of this: http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/" target="_blank is seems to eforlessly decode the captcha used by phpbb :!: (I dont feel there is a point not posting this here since 10 secs of google will find if for ya) I realy hope the phpbb team takes a look at the captcha's listed as good there and use thise to make the next phpbb captcha better.

dhn

Post by dhn »

tZork wrote: Well sofar no sign of thise bot's on the forum i administer, but one of the mods on my forum made me aware of this: http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/" target="_blank is seems to eforlessly decode the captcha used by phpbb :!: (I dont feel there is a point not posting this here since 10 secs of google will find if for ya) I realy hope the phpbb team takes a look at the captcha's listed as good there and use thise to make the next phpbb captcha better.
We are aware of pwntcha since it was released for phpbb. You will notice that almost all captchas that are described as effective on the pwntcha website, are very difficult to solve for humans. But there is ongoing work on this subject by our developers, none the less.

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

tejas wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote:
tejas wrote: Techie-Micheal, FuntKlakow is a member of this site. He registered and posted here a couple of days ago. He bragged that VC was very, very easy to bypass then proceeded to post the code he used here. Was it real. I don't know but his post and response were gone later in the day. Maybe you can pull it if it is archived here.

A couple of the posters above claim damage to their forums. Maybe more than a spammer. I think that is where the concern comes in.
What he was bragging about was for IPB. ;) And that still doesn't prove that it wasn't someone else.

Techie-Micheal.... By your answer, you did see him logged in here a couple of days ago. Since the post is gone, what is different in our Funt to the Funt bot that causes you no concern? Was the code he left behind in fact for IPB and legit?

What email did he leave here?
To add to what AcydBurn said, the user posted from an entirely different country than what this bot is coming from so far.

tZork

Post by tZork »

dhn wrote:
tZork wrote: Well sofar no sign of thise bot's on the forum i administer, but one of the mods on my forum made me aware of this: http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/" target="_blank is seems to eforlessly decode the captcha used by phpbb :!: (I dont feel there is a point not posting this here since 10 secs of google will find if for ya) I realy hope the phpbb team takes a look at the captcha's listed as good there and use thise to make the next phpbb captcha better.
We are aware of pwntcha since it was released for phpbb. You will notice that almost all captchas that are described as effective on the pwntcha website, are very difficult to solve for humans. But there is ongoing work on this subject by our developers, none the less.
Yes indeed most of the "good ones" are hard to read. =/ maybe a diffrent apoach to this is whats needed, for example 2-picture system contructing a combined word (ex a bull and a dog) problem with that i guess is that the pictures will ne to be replaced in a high ratio or hashmatching will beat the system real fast =/

Well, enyways its good to know that its beeing worked on =)

SynergyMod

Post by SynergyMod »

FYI. I just got a call from LGI. Apparently, since I had called previously from my cell phone the number got garbled, so when I tried again today from my home phone Mr. Griffin was able to call back. They are in fact aware of the activity. They are concerned about it and have already begun working with Chello to help put a stop to it.

He was a really nice guy. I will be sending him the information I have on the issue.

God Bless,

John

tejas

Post by tejas »

See the first post on page 1 before posting

jrdgames

Post by jrdgames »

its good that the parent company is doing something about this also.

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

quick5pnt0 wrote: BTW What version of phpbb were you using?
I was using phpBB 2.0.19.
Like Macs or just want to see Olympus Live? ;)
www.macgig.com