What OS do you use?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Post Reply
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by EXreaction »

.Zach wrote: Because I hate linux and like windows better. :?

Fixed a couple security holes, and I just like it better for the hell of it. :mrgreen:

Then you should pay for it. ;)

Not true, XP Home and Pro are pretty much identicle. The only real difference is that Pro has IIS support(IIS sucks anyways, apache is free and better), Pro has a more extensive permissions setup which helps when you control a huge number of users. And Pro lets you use Remote Desktop connection to connect to your pc from a different one, but again, there are plenty of free programs that will let you do that.
ElbertF
Registered User
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: tracing..
Contact:

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by ElbertF »

.Zach wrote: Because I hate linux and like windows better. :?
Would you steel a car because you like it better then the subways?
.Zach
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by .Zach »

spambot wrote:
.Zach wrote: Because I hate linux and like windows better. :?
Would you steal a car because you like it better than the subways?
a) Can you please improve your spelling/grammar, so I can read your posts slightly better? :)

b) I don't even get what you mean anyways. :|
ElbertF
Registered User
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: tracing..
Contact:

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by ElbertF »

Well first you like the car better, and then the subways. And the car is made of steel.

Ok ok, I'll do my best.. What I mean is, you say you want to use unlicensed software (the metaforic car in my example) just because you like it better. If you can't pay for it, stick with the next best thing (take the subway).
User avatar
the_dan
Registered User
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:36 pm

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by the_dan »

spambot wrote: Well first you like the car better, and then the subways. And the car is made of steel.

Ok ok, I'll do my best.. What I mean is, you say you want to use unlicensed software (the metaforic car in my example) just because you like it better. If you can't pay for it, stick with the next best thing (take the subway).
As much as I agree with your motive, the analogy is terrible. Stealing a car is nothing like using an unlicenced piece of software.
ElbertF
Registered User
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: tracing..
Contact:

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by ElbertF »

"I just take what I like and I don't care about legal alternatives". Ofcourse my metafore is highly exaggerated, but you get my point.
whitenexx
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:31 pm

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by whitenexx »

I use Windows Media Center Edition 2005 SP2 and Linux-->Knoppix+Debian.
:mrgreen:
Image
Image
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by EXreaction »

I am now on the Vista Beta 2. 8)
(You can get it here if you want it, its an open Beta)
User avatar
Light Lan
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:00 pm
Contact:

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by Light Lan »

suse linux 10.0 ;)
This might be a sig
Mr.Advice
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by Mr.Advice »

Laptop 1: Windows XP Pro
Laptop 2: Windows XP Pro
Computer 1: Windows XP Pro
Computer 2: Windows XP Mediacenter
Computer 3: Operating System based on Unix Kernell (Custom Linux)
Computer 4: Operating System based on Unix Kernell (Custom Linux)
Server 1: Windows 2003 Server
Server 2: Red Hat Linux
Server 3: Fedora Linux
Server 4: Windows 2003 Server
Post Reply