What OS do you use?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Post Reply
User avatar
the_dan
Registered User
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:36 pm

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by the_dan »

who_cares wrote:
EXreaction wrote: They should be releasing the public beta any day now. :mrgreen:
I think they did
Not yet unforunately.

I am also still waiting :D

.Zach
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by .Zach »

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. Though, it's not geniune, so I can't download and install Internet Explorer 7. :(

Unless someone can find me some cool warez download where I don't have to validate. :D

User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by EXreaction »

.Zach wrote: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. Though, it's not geniune, so I can't download and install Internet Explorer 7. :(

Unless someone can find me some cool warez download where I don't have to validate. :D
Look here



I just don't get why people like to pirate Windows. There is absolutely NO reason for it.

.Zach
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by .Zach »

EXreaction wrote:
.Zach wrote: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. Though, it's not geniune, so I can't download and install Internet Explorer 7. :(

Unless someone can find me some cool warez download where I don't have to validate. :D
Look here



I just don't get why people like to pirate Windows. There is absolutely NO reason for it.
I didn't pirate it. I used my mom's serial number that she got, that was already being used. Mainly because my crap ass old HP PC came with windows 98, which is old and out dated, which I also HATE very much... :evil:

Oh, and by the way, the link you gave me is not a link having to do with anything Internet Explorer 7... Any downloads that had to do with that, was a CNET download, WHICH, infact led back to the microsuck website (which you have to validate for " :roll: ").

User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by EXreaction »

.Zach wrote: I didn't pirate it. I used my mom's serial number that she got, that was already being used. Mainly because my crap ass old HP PC came with windows 98, which is old and out dated, which I also HATE very much... :evil:

Oh, and by the way, the link you gave me is not a link having to do with anything Internet Explorer 7... Any downloads that had to do with that, was a CNET download, WHICH, infact led back to the microsuck website (which you have to validate for " :roll: ").
Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter where you got it from.

Yes it does, if you purchase a legal copy, you can put as many copys of IE7 as you want on your pc.

And IE7 isn't that great...its good, but Opera and FireFox are much better.

.Zach
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by .Zach »

EXreaction wrote:
.Zach wrote: I didn't pirate it. I used my mom's serial number that she got, that was already being used. Mainly because my crap ass old HP PC came with windows 98, which is old and out dated, which I also HATE very much... :evil:

Oh, and by the way, the link you gave me is not a link having to do with anything Internet Explorer 7... Any downloads that had to do with that, was a CNET download, WHICH, infact led back to the microsuck website (which you have to validate for " :roll: ").
Yes it does, if you purchase a legal copy, you can put as many copys of IE7 as you want on your pc.
Why the hell did you say that? I don't have any money. I want something for free dude. Please don't do that again... :? Oh, and secondly, home sucks, pro SP2 is better IMO. And I like IE7 better than firefox.

ElbertF
Registered User
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: tracing..
Contact:

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by ElbertF »

.Zach wrote: And I like IE7 better than firefox.
Run & hide! Hell will break loose after saying that 8O

User avatar
MHobbit
Registered User
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the road to nowhere...
Contact:

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by MHobbit »

.Zach wrote: I didn't pirate it. I used my mom's serial number that she got, that was already being used. Mainly because my crap ass old HP PC came with windows 98, which is old and out dated, which I also HATE very much... :evil:
As per the license/guidelines you're only allowed to use a serial number once. You're not allowed to purchase a copy of Windows that only gives you permission to install it on one computer and use the serial number on more than one computer. Some people do that and it's pretty much the same as warez, using an unauthorized copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage check checks if you have a unique serial number; if you were using a warez'd version then you wouldn't have a unique serial number.

As for asking for warez, don't do it here or anywhere at phpbb.com. You'd be asking for trouble...
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by EXreaction »

.Zach wrote: Why the hell did you say that? I don't have any money. I want something for free dude. Please don't do that again... :? Oh, and secondly, home sucks, pro SP2 is better IMO. And I like IE7 better than firefox.
If you don't have any money use something free. There are hundreds of great Linux Distros out there that are absolutely free, so why not use one of those legally?

Oh really, Home sucks, well then why don't you tell me why you think Pro is better?

.Zach
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am

Re: What OS do you use?

Post by .Zach »

spambot wrote:
.Zach wrote: And I like IE7 better than firefox.
Run & hide! Hell will break loose after saying that 8O
No it won't, it's just my personal opinion. :|
EXreaction wrote: If you don't have any money use something free. There are hundreds of great Linux Distros out there that are absolutely free, so why not use one of those legally
Because I hate linux and like windows better. :?
EXreaction wrote: Oh really, Home sucks, well then why don't you tell me why you think Pro is better?
Fixed a couple security holes, and I just like it better for the hell of it. :mrgreen:

Post Reply