only 45 days till xmas

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Aragon

only 45 days till xmas

Post by Aragon »

Don't people who put Xmas trees and Xmas decorations up before December make you sick? :?

Yawnster

Re: only 45 days till xmas

Post by Yawnster »

lol its not 45 days... closer to 56 i believe.. but yeah they annoy me.. but what annoys me more is the people who have millions piled over their front gardens, why do you need it?

stu15

Post by stu15 »

8O :o :|

Where has this year gone? :?: :?
stu15> Registered User > I maybe wrong...So please correct him || My Forum - Stu's phpBB Helpdesk || Volvo Ocean Race Talk - Talk All about the Volvo Ocean Race || America's Cup Forum

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

stu15 wrote: 8O :o :|

Where has this year gone? :?: :?
lol i seriously know the feeling.. Feels like only last week we were kicking it off..

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Any shops, companies, or people doing anything vaugely christmassy before the beginning of december need shooting.
And the next fundie who tells me to 'remember the real meaning of christmas' gets it in the neck. I celebrate the pagan bits: Food, Alcohol, Tree and Presents.

Truestar

Post by Truestar »

I can understand if people set up in late November, but any sooner seems ridiculous.
[GSF] General of Army Truestar
Galactic Special Forces Gaming Clan

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Aragon wrote: Don't people who put Xmas trees and Xmas decorations up before December make you sick? :?
What makes me sick is people calling it Xmas. It is called Christmas. I quite enjoy listening to Christmas music year-round and enjoy seeing the lights and trees.

the_dan: No need to call people names.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving is stretching it too much IMO. The retail stores and outlets like to push it earlier and earlier ever year to get their profit season started earlier I guess...

president

Post by president »

Micheal wrote: I quite enjoy listening to Christmas music year-round and enjoy seeing the lights and trees.

So you're that guy, with the headphones on, who's always on my bus to work bobbing your heading over and back.
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
dhn wrote: You are the admin, learn how to use phpBB 3.0 and you can do exactly that what you want. Satisfy your users.

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

president wrote:
Micheal wrote: I quite enjoy listening to Christmas music year-round and enjoy seeing the lights and trees.

So you're that guy, with the headphones on, who's always on my bus to work bobbing your heading over and back.
lol

Now, I agree retail-wise, putting stuff out before Halloween is pushing it, but I don't see anything wrong with having the music playing while walking around in stores (though that music is meant to guide your shopping ...) and other non-commercial things related to Christmas. :)