Gratz to London

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
cyberCrank

Gratz to London

Post by cyberCrank »

Gratz to London on the 2012 Olympics...

Roberdin

Re: Gratz to London

Post by Roberdin »

...and a series of (probably) terrorist explosions have just crippled our mass transport system and resulted in several fatalities.
Rob

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Yes typical that isn't it. Althought could be G8 related or just to spite me so I can't get to a gig, although I doubt that.

Is a bit worrying as can't get hold of some friend up there :?

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Arab sources claim al-Qaeda was involved... doesn't really seem like their style, but perhaps this was the best they could do amist tight security?
Rob

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Update: Despite al-Qaeda's best efforts, London's transportation is already returning to normal. The Underground Tube system is still closed, but replacement bus services are now running and Zone 1's bus services have been restored. 33 people have so far been confirmed dead with just under 400 injured. All things considered, a trajedy but we've had worse.

Full details are available from the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4661059.stm" target="_blank
Rob

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

:( Wow -- when I posted this thread I had not heard of any attacks; very sorry to hear about the terrorist attacks; it's never a good time and indeed possibly related to the G8 event and Olympics announcement to get "maximum effect" and international impact to alter G8, etc.. I hope Tony and London security holds firm against the terrorists and we in the US surely feel the pain of our close allies and neighbors as I heard and saw the injured people on the news today after getting home from work.

Greeger

Post by Greeger »

There is nothing I can say to really express my disgust at what these terrorists do.

I don't like the idea of a invasive government but I see it as a necessary evil in order to combat an even greater evil.

rez

Post by rez »

I hate terrorists!

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

I heard they've traced the attacks to someone. I don't remember who did it though

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Some British born Muslims from Yorkshire are behind the suicide bombings. They have strong links with Pakistan, however, and MI6 are investigating. MI6 have also had a biochemist who they suspect was involved in the creation of the explosives arrested in Egypt.
Rob