Media Players

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Skuld

Re: Media Players

Post by Skuld »

iTunes/amaroK
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

Now? :D

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

The only media player that seems to do the job correctly on my PC is WMP. I used to run Winamp, then a couple of other players, but they all went a bit crazy. However I have noticed that WMP and Winamp in particular hog resources somethin shocking!!

Anjay

Post by Anjay »

RealPlayer – No questions about it. It’s easy to use, feature full, and plays everything that I want to listen to. It’s also much better for listening to BBC Radio while on the Internet than WMP.

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Anjay wrote: RealPlayer – No questions about it. It’s easy to use, feature full, and plays everything that I want to listen to. It’s also much better for listening to BBC Radio while on the Internet than WMP.
8O

silicon_rain

Post by silicon_rain »

Windows Media Player!!! Its amazing it then tells me on Windows Msn Messenger what I am listening to! !!! !! !! 1111 !! 1!1 Mr. Green
There's actually a 3rd part plugin that you can get for QCD to enable the MSN messenger 'What I'm listening to" feature.

You can get it here: http://qcd.noer.it/" target="_blank

QCD rocks my socks, and your's too, probably.

<o.0>

Post by <o.0> »

I've just migrated today from Winamp to iTunes. Winamp has many shortcomings, and all the other media players I tried had even more.
iTunes is great. Worth the large download.
C'est Moi.

Skuld

Post by Skuld »

ive migrated from itunes to winamp and amarok broke, realplayer now :roll:

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Skuld wrote: ive migrated from itunes to winamp and amarok broke, realplayer now :roll:
Yuck. You regressed from iTunes to Winamp, then went in the right direction with Amarok, then straight to hell :P

Skuld

Post by Skuld »

:lol:

using iTunes and amaroK now, i just got an ipod and fixed amaroK ^^

acnova

Post by acnova »

I only use foobar2000, because it's a lot "lighter" than other players, and it's very modular and easy to use.

I particularly like the "follow cursor" and "resume playback on start" features since I use it to stream radio. Also very cusomizable ^^''