php Warning

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
The Cheat

php Warning

Post by The Cheat »

I need an example of a php warning.... cuz I don't actually know what it looks like... it's not something I come across.

I know a warning is when the php parser encounters something, but it can continue....

That's all I know about it...

Can someone put a php page up that has MULTIPLE warnings so I may take a look?

SamG

Re: php Warning

Post by SamG »

Since this doesn't relate specifically to phpBB and its place in the world, I think we should continue this discussion in Chit Chat ...
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

NarrowPathPilgrim

Post by NarrowPathPilgrim »

Can someone put a php page up that has MULTIPLE warnings so I may take a look?
LOL, I think this is the first time I have seen someone ask to have a script made that didn't work!
If you open a php page that has warning that repeat themselves it can use up all your memory very fast and crash your browser.
I actually have had that happen several times while working on php scripts, just leaving a ";" off the end of a line can do it sometimes.

If you really want to see a lot of errors try something like this. (I just messed up a script on one of my hacking challenges so it would give me an error)
This code creates a security hole (its part of a hacking challenge). so run it only long enought to test it.
And be prepared for your brower to crash as a result of to many errors.

Code: Select all

<?php
  if (isset($_GET['file']))
  {
    $fp = fopen($_GET['file'], 'r');
    while (!feof($fp))
      echo fgets($fp);
   }
  else
  {
header("Location&#58 ?file=text1.txt");
  }

If (header("Location&#58 ?file=*..*"))
header("Location&#58 ?file=badcommand.txt");
?>

The Cheat

Post by The Cheat »

A bit too late....I thought for a while and figured out a way to create warnings.

This is my script:

Code: Select all

mail ();
mail();
So I got my multiple warnings! And of course getting errors is not hard. Just put a random thing in like asdf!

Thanks anyway....with mine no security risk or anything lol.

Yeah, nobody anywhere else could help me because this was something strange. Nobody ever expected someone to ask to help create errors/warnings, just get rid of them rofl!