email notification of new postings/replies

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
blobber

email notification of new postings/replies

Post by blobber »

I don't seem to find, where to disable that useful feature - which I seem to have enabled -accidently- by default for all postings that I replied to, so far.

Sorry for asking something obvious ...

P.S.: Is "email notification" here regarded the same as "watching/subscribing (to) a topic" ?
Otherwise, I don't know where to disable those emails.

EDIT: I think, I've figured it out - it seems really to be connected ... so there's no way to monitor/subscribe to a topic without receiving those emails ?

Wolfman1238

Re: email notification of new postings/replies

Post by Wolfman1238 »

Look under New Topic and Reply to Topic Buttons....

blobber

Post by blobber »

Wolfman1238 wrote: Look under New Topic and Reply to Topic Buttons....

ya, sure - thanks, but obviously it's really not two separate things, I mean watching/monitoring a topic AND getting eMail notifications ?

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Theres a difference between "BOOKMARKING" topics for quick watching without email and "SUBSCRIBING TO TOPIC" which sends you an email when a reply is made. Either way if you look in your UCPanel you'll see options to enable/disable it for the entire board!
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN