Collectors?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Spectral Dragon

Collectors?

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Anyone collect things? Anything?

I like hearing about people's collections, especially if it's swords or valuables or something from the extremely far past. As for me I like to collect dragon things. They really aren't valuable, but it keeps my room looking nice.

I also collect books. I have recently bought the Lloyd Alexender Prydian series and the Cooper Dark is Rising series. I also have terry brooks, robert jordan, a slew of occult books, Silent Mobius Manga, Ramna manga up to date in US, Tsubasa up to date, a LOT of star wars books, and quiet a few other small series some complete some not.

I have acquired a Fushigi Yuugi (JP anime) Collectors box set, as well as a Star Wars collectors box set. I have a full 2 foot by 2 foot box of yu-gi-oh cards I am actually looking to get rid of (ownership of cards is split with sister) (yes I know I am probably a bit too old for those but hell to each his own ;))

The only collection I have that I would say is impressive is my dragon collection or possibly my collection of books. I have almost 2 full bookshelvs of books (and I mean shelves that almost reach the ceiling, about 3 feet long or a bit more) it's enough to call a library I suppose but I am always getting more. Oh yes BTW I HAVE read most of those in case some of you were wondering ;) I am an avid reader and I also love to write.

Uchiha Nick

Re: Collectors?

Post by Uchiha Nick »

yeah, i collect as many anime as i can.. it rocks :D

( no not dbz.. )

soxie

Post by soxie »

Prosport paraphernalia or somesuch.

My most cherished item being an autographed baseball from Paul Molitor. I had front row seats behind home plate at Fenway a couple of years ago. The Red Sox were playing the Twins and Paul came over to autograph a few things. :D

What makes it most exciting to me was his acceptence to the Baseball Hall of Fame last year. :)
brian.
http://itsbrian.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

I don't collect anything.. Right now I'm even selling almost everything I own, since I'm going on a very long trip trough Asia next month :)

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

I collect Gideon Bibles. I have about nine, in four different colors: red, gold, brown, and my coveted blue.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi!

I collect books - Isaac Asimov of course (as you can see in my avatar) and books from Robert A. Heinlein. I think I have 90% of Asimov's fiction books, all in hungarian (my native language), some in german for my girlfriend and 2 in english - mainly because of the great cover... haven't read it yet.

Greets,
Bálint
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

liquidplasmaflow

Post by liquidplasmaflow »

I collect PHP-based Bulletin Board software. I have IPB 1-2 (before it went pay) and phpBB 2.0.8-2.2cvs!

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

I would love to have a sword/dagger collection, but it's just too damn expensive. So I go with model cars. ^_^

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Draegonis wrote: I would love to have a sword/dagger collection, but it's just too damn expensive. So I go with model cars. ^_^
Not if you go for the cheapies like I do. Mine are definitely not quality but I have 1 decorative katana, 2 daggers, and a wide assortment of knives.

Whacha got uchiha nick?

Nippoo

Post by Nippoo »

I collect.... urm.... electronic components and computer parts. Yeah, it's sad, I know. :P