Break-in this night :(

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Uchiha Nick

Re: Break-in this night :(

Post by Uchiha Nick »

that's iligal as well. at least in Holland it is

bonelifer
Community Team
Community Team

Post by bonelifer »

All I'm going to say about having to pay to get back personal property from the thief is:

1. Off-Shore account in a country that will not cooperate with your localities or nation.
2. Contact someone to take care of the situation permanantly.
3. Use a throw away cell phone and set it on fire till it's totally melt after making the call to that professional problem solver.

ctenet

Post by ctenet »

That really sucks. I have one of those Canon EOS 300D's (aka Digital Rebel) as well. Did they steal the camera as well or just the compy with those excellent pix?
Anyway, I really don't make backups as much as I should, but recently I've been hearing so many HD crash stories (viruses aren't an issue for my box though), and now this story! Anyway, yeah backups would restore everything, but in a case like this, I think hardware replacement costs might be hefty. Do you have insurance or anything? (I don't.)