Free Program

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
stubbers

Free Program

Post by stubbers »

Am looking for a program that will provide a printout of directory tree listings. Ie, shows all folders, subfolders, on Windows (egghh). If anyone has anywhere better than this to post a topic asking about it let me know for future use. Don't mention search the web, that's what I am doing!

Quillz

Re: Free Program

Post by Quillz »

I've never heard of a printout program like that before...

You could manually open every link in Windows Explorer and print that. (Sorry, just trying to help...)

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

stubbers wrote:Am looking for a program that will provide a printout of directory tree listings. Ie, shows all folders, subfolders, on Windows (egghh). If anyone has anywhere better than this to post a topic asking about it let me know for future use. Don't mention search the web, that's what I am doing!

No files? Go to start, run, and type the following code snippet in:

Code: Select all

dir /A:D /s C: > C:\dir.txt
Your hard disc will whizz away and save the listing in C:\dir.txt, which you can then print out. Unfortunately, I can't remember how to make it print diectly, but if you have a parallel printer, it might be something along the lines of

Code: Select all

dir /A:D /s C: > LPT1
Rob

TheFella

Post by TheFella »

The Fella - I rock
The Fella Goes Arctic | LoonyAsylum

Bunnie

Post by Bunnie »

Roberdin wrote: