Who voted for George Bush?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Martin Blank

Re: Who voted for George Bush?

Post by Martin Blank »

BMWGuy wrote:God never does evil, nor did he create evil. However, he did create humans in an "Open-system"---everything we do in under His control, but we are still resposible for our actions (this includes your politicians).
If God created everything, then how did he not create evil?

If everything we do is under God's control, then what is free will? And if free will does not exist, why would we be punished for something that God controls?
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Hee hee, I love theology debates.

I'd say that the Devil created evil. The Lord created free will and thus released us from His (capital H) control, but we will be punished if we stray too far.
Rob

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

God created an enviroment in which evil is possible. God created a man who had a will similar to God's (i.e. the ability to choose from right and wrong). Man chose what was wrong, and hence, evil entered the world.

anyone here a reader of Ludwig Wittgenstein. If you are familuar with his writings, an underestanding of tautologies comes in handy here..........sorta. :)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

SamG

Post by SamG »

I think we're getting considerably off topic.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

olger901

Post by olger901 »

I live in the netherlands so I am not allowed to vote, but if I was allowed I would surely NOT vote for bush although I wouldn't vote for kerry either.
-

CSDominion

Post by CSDominion »

If I knew ahead of time that voting for Bush would delay me in being allowed to load phpbb2.2 I'd have chose to not vote :) I care more about getting phpbb2 than I do about bush being elected.

That being said - the main reason I voted was to keep Kerry OUT of office. I believe Bush is the lesser of two evils.

:lol:

Alagba

Post by Alagba »

CSDominion wrote:If I knew ahead of time that voting for Bush would delay me in being allowed to load phpbb2.2 I'd have chose to not vote Smile I care more about getting phpbb2 than I do about bush being elected.
that's the spirit of the original post :-) fun+++ :-) for being courageous enough to admit that you sort of 'sinned' voting for bush, yes, i move the motion that CSDominion gets his copy of phpbb2.2 with the rest of us. lol :-)

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

You kerry people just remember: I bet you Kerry would have sat in the Oval Office and used some quasi-perl scripted forum software (maybe YaBB, perhaps). I's bet you anything Bush is a PhpBB guy! :D :lol:
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

BartVB
Trapped inside rank factory, send help!

Post by BartVB »

/me guesses that Bush would use an ASP script because Bush just loves large american companies like MS :D
I Hate oversized sigs and Love Penguins :D

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

I'm personally amazed that nobody seems to have noticed that the two policies which won him the election (Abortion & Gay marrige) are bordering on being unconstitutional.
More specifically the clase that says religion & politics should be seperated. His policies are based on his funementalist christian views - Probably somthing to do with as to why the 'bible belt' states all voted for him...
It's still quite amusing that it's illigal for same sex couples to marry, but your sister is still 'morally' okay in those areas.
If there is one thing that irritates me more than stupidity, it's bible bashers / fundementalist christians. Unfortunately, Bush is all 3. Especially stupid.

Dan