An open apology, and some advise to people like me:

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
BMWGuy

Re: An open apology, and some advise to people like me:

Post by BMWGuy »

Philosophically speaking, it is allways better to experience a momentary period of waiting rather than allways being able to have everything exactly when we want it. Patience builds moderation in a person. ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Yes -- it is a good thing and some argue that patience builds character...
JC Adams wrote:Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

Patience does, in fact, build character. But to some people, it is *enough* that they even have to learn to wait for once. ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

Aragon

Post by Aragon »

It would seem that when there goes nine months between a reply on here, Patience is quite important!

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Aragon wrote:It would seem that when there goes nine months between a reply on here, Patience is quite important!

...huh?

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

olger901 wrote:I will definately wait for phpBB 2.2 because it's great, I tried one CVS version just to approximately see what features it will and won't have and I must say it looks alot better then SMF does, also the SMF Permission System is one Big Chaos and doesn't work handy, the one that will come with phpBB 2.2 is alot easier :) and just watch as soon as phpBB 2.2 is finished I bet you will see people come and running back to phpBB from SMF :)
I've been looking at CVS code since sometimes in late 2002 I believe... don't quite remember. I was pretty excited about it back then, but recently I've been building a portal system around it and the more I have to dig in and look at the code, the more I love it :mrgreen: