The new phpBB version - Guess the Release Date Competition

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
twiglet

Re: The new phpBB version - Guess the Release Date Competit

Post by twiglet »

sorry, didnt mean to get it mispelt.

DracoBlue

Post by DracoBlue »

Newfy wrote: I'd say around 2009 or 2010. No joking or sarcasm. I'm serious.
Yeah it seems possible. I preffer phpBB but current IB is much better then 2.0.19. Anyways I expect a release this summer.

My users ask, why I am not converting to such a board due the lack of features. I tell them, wait for 3.0 - since it was done in January 2004 already 2 of 4 :
Project of the Month @ SF.net 2004-01 wrote: phpBB v2.2 is currently in the works; we're on milestone 2 of 4 right now
As freeware developer I know that most users won't try beta-versions. They wait for the stable release. So it is for nothing if the current development version is up to date (when you look at features implemented) and the last release is like the standard was 3 years ago.

So take your time to make phpBB 3.0 a success - but don't wait to long :).

See you,
Draco

GalaxeY

Post by GalaxeY »

So sorry to get of topic.. I saw this right up!
Project of the Month @ SF.net wrote: phpBB v2.2 is currently in the works; we're on milestone 2 of 4 right now
I'm just wondering how far off you are from 2.2 now?
Yea! I'm good. What version of phpBB was this again?!

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

The Milestone system was abandoned iirc, however the graph speaks for itself:
http://area51.phpbb.com/statcvs/" target="_blank

DraGonS

Post by DraGonS »

off offffffff çıksın artık a.k. sikecem bu phpbb yazarlarını 2003 den beri çıkaramadılar gitti.!!!

Enough! please relase it :( :( :(

everybody has been waiting this version of phpbb since 2003. :evil: :( :( :( :(

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

The coding right now that is going on is absolutely immense - So much work is being put into it. If you look at the graph, if the whole project had been written at the current speed (obviously unfeasable), it could have been started in September 05ish.

Nobody take this the wrong way: This isn't a dig at slow earlier development, its me being absolutely amazed at how commited the current development team are, and how much work they are putting into it. Truly amazing.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

the_dan wrote: The coding right now that is going on is absolutely immense - So much work is being put into it. If you look at the graph, if the whole project had been written at the current speed (obviously unfeasable), it could have been started in September 05ish.

Nobody take this the wrong way: This isn't a dig at slow earlier development, its me being absolutely amazed at how commited the current development team are, and how much work they are putting into it. Truly amazing.
I second that it is amazing! And is awesome to watch the flow of activity!

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

The latest announcement gives me the need to renforce my above statement ;) :D

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

I'm sure they would rather give us a clean & polished release, not something dirty
and rusted.

Anyway, looking forward to it, when it's released it will be my major event of the
year. ;)
Like Macs or just want to see Olympus Live? ;)
www.macgig.com

y0r1c

Post by y0r1c »

it seems to me, that the release date will be Summer 2100 :( I'm waiting for this release for about 2 years...