What??????

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
SocomVengeance

What??????

Post by SocomVengeance »

Did the phpbb site go down?

http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank

Error 502 Bad Gateway
Powered by Zeus Technology

Jikson26

Re: What??????

Post by Jikson26 »

I don't see any problems.

Graham

Post by Graham »

The simple answer is that yes it probably did go down for a few minutes if you saw that message, but it would have been back again within 5 minutes at most. It's an intermittent issue that arises because of how the webserver is configured with regards to PHP and there are more details on the main forums somewhere.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I've noticed it particually occurs with searching. Surely the group should 'invest' in more stable server software to ensure that potential users of phpBB aren't put off by problems that aren't caused directly by it?

But thats just my opinion.
Rob

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Thanks for your 'opinion' ... but it's based on lack of knowledge. Search issues have little to do with the server and more to do with a required update of the search tables. We run Zeus, there are known issues with fast cgi which cause a periodic shutdown. We have a keep alive system in place which quite quickly brings it back online.

May I suggest that if you do not know the full facts ... it's probably best not to comment? Thanks.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I'm just trying to point out that general users trying to pick a forum aren't going to be impressed by error pages. But that's also my 'opinion'.
Rob

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

And I'm simply saying that the outage is not frequent and while it's annoying it's short lived. So again, thanks for pointing out what we already know ;)

andrew johnson

Post by andrew johnson »

yes i agree with psoTFX it annoying for me too if i try access that site :(
i love valentino rossi = it COOOL
TEST test test test

Booster

Post by Booster »

before this blows up even more... i'm locking this...

next time search before you spew useless garabage ;)

(note: paul is more then welcome to kill me for locking this if he doesn't think it should be :D)
"There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people." - User Friendly

Teh Rules | Knowledge Base | Wishlist