Mr. Green?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Darkshines

Mr. Green?

Post by Darkshines »

What is the --> :mrgreen: <-- for? It's nothing like any of the other emoticons. Why is he there? Why is he green? What's going on?
Then again...

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Mr. Green?

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

It is my understanding that Mr. Green was the only smilie carried over from 1.x to 2.x. Other than that, I don't know why he was held over, but I do know that a lot of people like him. :mrgreen:

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Dunno. Whats wrong with him? It kind of gives a different grin to that of :D
I don't know how to explain this, but :D looks as though he's pleased with himself, where as :mrgreen: looks as if he's pleased for others... ;)
Hmm, stupid emoticon parser is down again... I know its not my CP because i could see Mr Green for another post... oh well, the joys of Alpha Software :D
Rob

D4ni31

Post by D4ni31 »

I believe Jelly is correct.
Mr Green is cool. :mrgreen:

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

mrgreen was created for phpBB 1 by an independant artist. Since then it has just been a favorite.

Trek

Post by Trek »

:mrgreen: r0x0rs :)
Miguel
http://community.34sp.com" target="_blank
http://www.miguel.me.uk" target="_blank | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk" target="_blank | http://www.ssdg.org.uk" target="_blank
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

Darkshines

Post by Darkshines »

Roberdin wrote:Dunno. Whats wrong with him? It kind of gives a different grin to that of :D
I don't know how to explain this, but :D looks as though he's pleased with himself, where as :mrgreen: looks as if he's pleased for others... ;)
Hmm, stupid emoticon parser is down again... I know its not my CP because i could see Mr Green for another post... oh well, the joys of Alpha Software :D
It seems that, at the moment, the Disable Smilies checkbox is ticked no matter what it says in your User CP :|
Then again...

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Darkshines wrote:It seems that, at the moment, the Disable Smilies checkbox is ticked no matter what it says in your User CP :|
Roberdin wrote:the joys of Alpha Software :D
Rob

FF8Jake

Post by FF8Jake »

:mrgreen: is like the best smilie of all time. When someone says smilie, he's what pops into my brain.

TC

Post by TC »

IIRC, it was created by dr. tom specifically at the request of kanuck. the only request that didn't make it was calling it :kanuck: instead of :mrgreen:
2 8 : 0 6 : 4 2 : 1 2