hi

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
beckyjc

hi

Post by beckyjc » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:34 am

Firstly, how do you do a forum like this with phpbb? its really cool, secondly how do i disable COPPA, my site is child friendly and i dont want that on it. Please e-mail me @ beckyculkin@hotmail.com if u know the awnser

Techie-Micheal

Re: hi

Post by Techie-Micheal » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:58 am

beckyjc wrote:Firstly, how do you do a forum like this with phpbb? its really cool, secondly how do i disable COPPA, my site is child friendly and i dont want that on it. Please e-mail me @ beckyculkin@hotmail.com if u know the awnser
Not to sound mean or anything, but I am going to order everything in a list.

1. Like this very one? This is a development board. It is not released to the public yet (except in CVS) as it is in alpha stages.
2. If your site is child-friendly, you want the COPPA. At any rate, there is a MOD to do this, but if your site is in the US, you have to have the COPPA, as per the laws there.
3. Please ask in the support forum here.
4. If you get someone else to help you, we (the support team) ask that you get help from that person before coming to us.

beckyjc

Post by beckyjc » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:02 pm

Micheal wrote:
beckyjc wrote:Firstly, how do you do a forum like this with phpbb? its really cool, secondly how do i disable COPPA, my site is child friendly and i dont want that on it. Please e-mail me @ beckyculkin@hotmail.com if u know the awnser

1. Like this very one? This is a development board. It is not released to the public yet (except in CVS) as it is in alpha stages.
2. If your site is child-friendly, you want the COPPA. At any rate, there is a MOD to do this, but if your site is in the US, you have to have the COPPA, as per the laws there.
4. If you get someone else to help you, we (the support team) ask that you get help from that person before coming to us.
well i dont live in US, but i still dont want that on it, i find it unfair, what MOD? Wheres that? I dun get u. I Couldnt find the support forums, i dont know anyone else who has this, im new to it

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:15 pm

beckyjc wrote:
Micheal wrote:

well i dont live in US, but i still dont want that on it, i find it unfair, what MOD? Wheres that? I dun get u. I Couldnt find the support forums, i dont know anyone else who has this, im new to it
Doesn't matter if you live in the US or not. If your website is in the US, you have to have the COPPA.

When http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank is back online, you will find the MOD to remove the COPPA in our MOD Database. :)

You passed the support forum on the way to this forum. ;)

Trek

Post by Trek » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:19 pm

beckyjc wrote:
Micheal wrote:well i dont live in US, but i still dont want that on it, i find it unfair, what MOD? Wheres that? I dun get u. I Couldnt find the support forums, i dont know anyone else who has this, im new to it
How is it unfair? I don't have websites in the US, however I still have the COPPA agreement on all my forums.
Miguel
http://community.34sp.com" target="_blank
http://www.miguel.me.uk" target="_blank | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk" target="_blank | http://www.ssdg.org.uk" target="_blank
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:31 pm

Will COPPA be optional in 2.2 (enabled by default), so admin could turn it off? or also hack will be required?

beckyjc

Post by beckyjc » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:37 pm

Micheal wrote:
Micheal wrote:
beckyjc wrote:
Micheal wrote:
beckyjc wrote:Firstly, how do you do a forum like this with phpbb? its really cool, secondly how do i disable COPPA, my site is child friendly and i dont want that on it. Please e-mail me @ beckyculkin@hotmail.com if u know the awnser[/quote6de41] Not to sound mean or anything, but I am going to order everything in a list.

2. If your site is child-friendly, you [i6de41]want[/i6de41] the COPPA. At any rate, there is a MOD to do this, but if your site is in the US, you have to have the COPPA, as per the laws there.
4. If you get someone else to help you, we (the support team) ask that you get help from that person before coming to us.[/quote6de41]
well i dont live in US, but i still dont want that on it, i find it unfair, what MOD? Wheres that? I dun get u. I Couldnt find the support forums, i dont know anyone else who has this, im new to it[/quote6de41]

Doesn't matter if you live in the US or not. If your website is in the US, you have to have the COPPA.

When http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank is back online, you will find the MOD to remove the COPPA in our MOD Database. )

You passed the support forum on the way to this forum. ;)
lol doh! My website isnt in US so it ok i guess lol

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:52 pm

CyberAlien wrote:Will COPPA be optional in 2.2 (enabled by default), so admin could turn it off? or also hack will be required?
Yes, it is an option.

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:53 pm

Trek wrote:How is it unfair?
That's what I was wondering. :P