In a way

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
konigwolf

In a way

Post by konigwolf »

Hey psoTFX, Acyd Burn, and theFinn. You are famous in a sense well if you consider famous 500,000 people knowing who you are or using your work.

konigwolf

Re: In a way

Post by konigwolf »

But what really inspires me is something completely free has become this popular.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

In that case, so is a large number of other people at phpBB. Your second post is better thought out and more true.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

TC

Post by TC »

why would it surprise you that something free is popular? last time i checked, most people prefer free.
2 8 : 0 6 : 4 2 : 1 2

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I think what he meant is that the devlopers are doing this out of their own free time, they aren't getting any financial incentive to finish or even start the project - so free products tend to be of inferior quality, and therefore less popualr - phpBB is a direct excepton. :D
Rob

TC

Post by TC »

ah, ok - i misread; i understand now. yes, it's remarkable. and i give them fully of my free time, even if they refuse the sending of a working monitor. :mrgreen:
2 8 : 0 6 : 4 2 : 1 2

Post by Guest »

PHPBB Is By Far Superior And You Do This For Free But Most People Are Superficial And Won't Use A Free Product Because They'd Rather Pay $100 For VBulletin :lol: .

This Is Konig Wolf Thought I Was Logged In.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.