Question

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
benchayeel

Re: Question

Post by benchayeel »

Of course that has nothing to do with the actual templates just the graphics and more specificaly the one genterated from the SDK

graphic

Post by graphic »

hmm... it sounds to me like you can use anything in that package.
What Is Real!? Coming 2005
Latest phpBB2 Styles: [What Is Real!?] [Avalanche]

benchayeel

Post by benchayeel »

From the phpBB.com download page

The subSilver SDK is not released under the GPL and is not subject to that licence. You are permitted to use the files contained within this package for personal use only. You may not use the files in any commercial package in part or in full without the express permission of phpBB Group. You may not re-distribute this package in any way, shape or form without prior agreement from phpBB Group (this includes linking directly to the package on this site). If the files in this package are used to produce images for any non-phpBB Group product the images or packaged image set should carry a name which indicates its origins as being phpBB or otherwise clearly state that phpBB originated the graphics. This package and its contents are Copyright © 2001 phpBB Group, All Rights Reserved.

As indicated here, the actual templates are part of the GPL they are NOT included in the SDK.
Last edited by benchayeel on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graphic

Post by graphic »

how are you getting phpBB's download page pulled up??

in light of the new information I guess you can't use it.
But then again, what other than the images do you need??
Last edited by graphic on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What Is Real!? Coming 2005
Latest phpBB2 Styles: [What Is Real!?] [Avalanche]

benchayeel

Post by benchayeel »

Google is a wonderfull thing http://tinyurl.com/enpm" target="_blank will get you there.

As to the copyright thig. If I am reading everything corectly the images are of limits but the templates themselves can be used as the actual templates are under GPL, just not the images. Of course it may only be images that you make with the sdk that are off limits, the ones in the download package may be GPL also.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Olate is correct ... the rest of you are wrong. The text quoted above is for the SDK and not the imageset made available with phpBB itself. However, it does fall under the GPL and thus you must respect that licence.

However, there are various images on this site which are not released at all to the public at this time, e.g. the buttons, ranks and various icons ... these may not be used at present.

benchayeel

Post by benchayeel »

Thanks for clearing that up. I had said that could be a posibity but really did not want to say anything definite in case it was wrong. Figgured you would come along shortly and clear it up.

I must admit that copyrights and licenses and COPPA laws and all the other laws out there really get me confused sometimes.

adamtesting

Post by adamtesting »

Thanks a lot for all the feedback. To stay on the safe side it looks like we'll just try to create some new templates/designs :) Excellent work on subSilver i must add. If you dont mind me asking - Who is the main designer behind it? Also, would they be available for custom web design?

Red~Ice

Post by Red~Ice »

what would be the link to your site... i would like to see what it looks like...m dont worry, i will still stay with phpbb...

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

adamtesting wrote:Thanks a lot for all the feedback. To stay on the safe side it looks like we'll just try to create some new templates/designs :) Excellent work on subSilver i must add. If you dont mind me asking - Who is the main designer behind it? Also, would they be available for custom web design?
http://www.subblue.com" target="_blank did it.
A_Jelly_Doughnut