Just wondering..

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(

Just wondering..

Post by Guest »

I noticed that even guest users can edit their posts (or delete if allowed in the forum). Are you checking by ip address for this? Because i cleared my browser cookies and still was able to edit a post.. Just a friendly post to let you know that if your going by IP's it creates a potential problem for aol users who connect through a proxy server and thus many users could be using the same ip in a short period of time. If this is the case, what i'd recommend doing is using session id's instead. :)

psoTFX

Re: Just wondering..

Post by psoTFX »

No, it happens because I've messed around with the permissions, added new options, etc. and not reset everything ... at some point I'll clear out the tables and start again.

Beast14

Post by Beast14 »

The man himself Makes errors :)
Welcome to the new Generation phpbb2 2.2

Adam Atlas

Post by Adam Atlas »

Beast14 wrote:
The man himself Makes errors :)

Well, of course- everybody makes errors. If pso didn't make errors, he'd be the only developer, and he'd already be working on phpBB3 ;).
fun, sigs work!!!