and now, from the "holy crap" department...

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
SHS`

Post by SHS` »

[quote7fc99="Coasters2k"]Wait, how long til Microsoft sues them over their name? :)[/quote7fc99]

Old news.... they tried and failed IIRC. Don't you ever read the news?? :P
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

TC

Post by TC »

[quotecd51a="SHS`"][quotecd51a="Coasters2k"]Wait, how long til Microsoft sues them over their name? :)[/quotecd51a]

Old news.... they tried and failed IIRC. Don't you ever read the news?? :P[/quotecd51a]

yeah, the judge laughed them out of court. he said something akin to the fact that the glass portals installed in homes for centuries were called "windows" before any software existed...
2 8 : 0 6 : 4 2 : 1 2

Wert

Post by Wert »

It just a move by walmart to lower the average cost of a pc by the 65-90 bucks MS charges to pre-install windows xp.

They realize some folks might already have a copy of windows floating around that they can install over linux if they desire, or they could always go for the old dual boot...
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

Darkshines

hm

Post by Darkshines »

They might lose a bit in customer support costs though.
Then again...

TC

Re: hm

Post by TC »

[quotebb685="Darkshines"]They might lose a bit in customer support costs though.[/quotebb685]

i'm sure wal-mart will not support their purchases at all. in fact, i'd wager that part of the reselling agreement is that lindows is on it's own there. why the hell would wal-mart enter the end user support arena? zero money to be made there...

the-unknown

Post by the-unknown »

How about more of a "Holy crap" - now that they are selling systems with Mandrake Linux installed?

8)
now what?

TC

Post by TC »

[quotebb7ac="the-unknown"]How about more of a "Holy crap" - now that they are selling systems with Mandrake Linux installed?

8)[/quotebb7ac]

yeah, i just saw that. a very nice one w/burner for under $700USD.

Pit

Post by Pit »

Bah. I intend to emigrate, just so that I can get cheap tech stuff. Stupid ripoff Britain. :x