Graphics Program

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
The Schwa

Graphics Program

Post by The Schwa »

Hey, I need help again. :roll: I'm trying to find a pretty good 3-D modeling program that's either cheap or free. I'm mathimatically inclined so If it invloves just putting in coordinates or something I'm fine with that... I'm just starting out doing 3-D graphics and I don't want to fend off of other people anymore for a good program so yah........ any help would be appreciated especially if you do this kinda stuff your self.... thanx

Ian

Post by Ian »

Milkshape 3D
-Ian
[img57ce3]http://www.ingenetics.net/goodsig.gif[/img57ce3]

[i57ce3]
"Why is it that when SF fix something they end up breaking something else :D I mean, it's not like I'm working for them so where's their excuse?" - psoTFX
[/i57ce3]

[i57ce3]"Moron alert" - psoTFX[/i57ce3]

[i57ce3]ah, i see. Well, I am just an arrogant yank, sorry ;) - Absinthe[/i57ce3]

tykeal

Post by tykeal »

Heh, you can try it the old fashioned way and use povray

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

Sorry, none of those really fit my purposes, Milkshape 3D looked good but it was mainly for gaming purposes and povray seemed a little out dated....... sorry maybe I'm just too picky

tykeal

Post by tykeal »

Actually I don't find povray to be too outdated. The interface to it is a bit nasty though. But think about it, it's got pretty much all the features that all the other programs do. They just aren't as easy to get to.

Besides, if you've ever seen any of the stuff that has come out of povray from someone who has even a decent understanding of it and any kind of basic art skill at all you would be impressed.

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

Thanx again everybody but I believe I have finally found a good program for the price of 0. Blender is a great program but sadly the company that funds it NaN (Not a Number0 has gone out of buisness, but you can still download it here.