New Here

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
The Schwa

New Here

Post by The Schwa »

Hey, I'm new here but I've been following this site for a while and am excited about phpbb 2.0.1 on a completely different note I was wondering if any one knows a good .bmp to .jpg convertor..... I have a really crumy computer and I want to upload my avatar but can't because it's a bmp..... so If any one wants to help the new guy it would be might appreciated :)

hsim

Post by hsim »

use png format convertor can be found http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA010446/b2p-home/
email me: hsim at gmx.li

Pit

Re: New Here

Post by Pit »

[quote21e7d="The Schwa"]Hey, I'm new here but I've been following this site for a while and am excited about phpbb 2.0.1 on a completely different note I was wondering if any one knows a good .bmp to .jpg convertor..... I have a really crumy computer and I want to upload my avatar but can't because it's a bmp..... so If any one wants to help the new guy it would be might appreciated :)[/quote21e7d]
Microsoft Paint. ;)

tbg

Post by tbg »

yeah, paint works fine...

hsim

Post by hsim »

depends on operation system... win 2k paint is unable to save JPG

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

Yeah, I have a terrible computer. I can't save the images as JPEG's and I could figure out how to use that one program that was suggested...... I'm not the greatest with computers..... but I should know how to work it..... either that or my computer's more messed up than I thought :?

hsim

Post by hsim »

just unpack the program and drop your bmp on the bmp2png.exe symbol. You know, drag and drop, from one window to another via your mouse :)

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

Hey, I may not be the best with computers but that's just in comparison to some other people here, I do know how to drag and drop... thanx I'll try it :P

The Schwa

Post by The Schwa »

YES! It works as you could probably tell, if any one here knows what the schwa really is and where I got the icon from I'd like to hear about it...... it's a MYSTERY :?: