Need upgrade help - phpbb.com down, so posting here

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Dalixam

Need upgrade help - phpbb.com down, so posting here

Post by Dalixam »

I began my upgrade from 1.4.2 and it had renamed 6 tables or so then the browser just closed! (IE 6).

I looked in my database and most of the databases are renamed, but not all.

I have a backup done with phpmyadmin, done with "Structure and data & Drop table" options. However, when I try to restore it by giving phpmyadmin the location of the text file; it uploads the file, but then writes "No sql query". The text file DOES contains queries :(

Any solutions to the two problems?
Last edited by Dalixam on Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

I'm having the same problem
Jay

Post by Jay »

in my attempt to upgrade i get a parse error on the last line of the upgrade.php file.. ugh..
Kathleen

Re: Need upgrade help - phpbb.com down, so posting here

Post by Kathleen »

[quoteb9c37="Dalixam"]I began my upgrade from 1.4.2 and it had renamed 6 tables or so then the browser just closed! (IE 6).

I looked in my database and most of the databases are renamed, but not all.

I have a backup done with phpmyadmin, done with "Structure and data & Drop table" options. However, when I try to restore it by giving phpmyadmin the location of the text file; it uploads the file, but then writes "No sql query". The text file DOES contains queries :(

Any solutions to the two problems?[/quoteb9c37]

I figured out how to restore. I'm copying and pasting the info from the dump files and running the query and its working