Version 2.1 CVS?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Teach

Version 2.1 CVS?

Post by Teach »

I'm seeing version 2.1 CVS at the bottom of these forums. Maybe the big news is that we're going to skip straight to version 2.1. :lol:
[ie9b33]Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. --Ambrose Bierce[/ie9b33]

Post by . »

Hell yeah, this just keeps getting better... 8O
Darkshines

Post by Darkshines »

Maybe they're going to release 2.0 final anyway. Seeing as they know the exact time they're going to release it they must have finished it, and it's not unreasonable to suppose that they might have started on the next version already.

If anyone spots any new features post 'em here ;)
Then again...
smigit

Post by smigit »

hey i noticed that 1st, look i pointed that out in the topic called bear. I WIN!
Darkshines

Post by Darkshines »

Found one! You can delete your own posts ;) ... umm... as long as you posted last...

Judging by the dodgy link text I'm [ia2aa3]assuming[/ia2aa3] it's new...
Last edited by Darkshines on Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then again...
Stefan Koopmanschap

Post by Stefan Koopmanschap »

there was an explanation about this in that incredibly long topic.

they branched the CVS, so that technically this bb is now running 2.1. basically, it's running the final 2.0 version, and 2.0 FINAL is now in the CVS.
smigit

Post by smigit »

[quote50af7="wanrecords"]there was an explanation about this in that incredibly long topic.

they branched the CVS, so that technically this bb is now running 2.1. basically, it's running the final 2.0 version, and 2.0 FINAL is now in the CVS.[/quote50af7]

meaning we can hack in2 sourceforge, steal all the files and get a copy of phpbb2 3 hrs early!
Stefan Koopmanschap

Post by Stefan Koopmanschap »

[quote96b4d="smigit"][quote96b4d="wanrecords"]there was an explanation about this in that incredibly long topic.

they branched the CVS, so that technically this bb is now running 2.1. basically, it's running the final 2.0 version, and 2.0 FINAL is now in the CVS.[/quote96b4d]

meaning we can mod in2 sourceforge, steal all the files and get a copy of phpbb2 3 hrs early![/quote96b4d]

well, there's no stealing. just get the latest cvs version and you've got [b96b4d]final[/b96b4d]. simple as that. someone even said (I didn't check) that the file [i96b4d]update_to_final.php[/i96b4d] is also already in cvs.
SamG

Post by SamG »

Hmmm ... trying to catch up after a little sleep, but that settles it for me. With 2.1 we have the development toward 2.2 in progress ... so 2.0 is in the can.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Post by . »

[quote418b2="smigit"]meaning we can mod in2 sourceforge, steal all the files and get a copy of phpbb2 3 hrs early![/quote418b2]nah, spoils the fun of having to wait... :D